What Leads Should I Buy?

Just today I switched to "live transfer" leads. I figured I was spending about $15 per lead and that lead was going out to 6-7 other agents. Dont believe their BS about it only going to 2-3 reps, because they send it to people all over the country. I have examples if you want from talking to these leads... anyway for $24 they will transfer a live person to me and I am the only one getting the lead. I am going to try this for the rest of the month and see which method yields the best results.

Thanks, I'd like to see how the live leads work out. I was thinking of trying Datalot...

I've been using them also and have received a total of one live transfer. It didn't sell, but at least I can say it was a real lead. I'll be very interested to find out how they work out for you.

I have found the commercial leads so far (small sample size) to be worthwhile too. There just isn't very many of them.

----------

The direction I'm taking is to build forms on my site to capture people's information and create my own leads.

How long have you been on the "live transfer" program? I guess the good thing about it being only one is that as your stated... it was a real lead, instead of allwebleads just sending you 5-10 leads a day to fill a quota. That always felt fishy to me.

Well maybe, i just cant find any good scripts online. Everyone of them is just an intro. But aas far as what im using right now i,ll paste it onto this thread. Hey Mr./Mrs._____________? Hey this is_____________ with the the mortgage protection center. (pause) Listen, I'm sorry to bother you, I know you're probably busy, but i was calling to see if you guys had a mortgage protection on your home? If "yes" Perfect! I'm really glad to hear that, not many people do. What company do you have your's with? _____________ Okay, well when's the last time your agent came out and did a policy review?____________ Oh... Well you're really supposed to have review at least once a year, because there are more products and better policies that come out each year that might be better for you. Tell you what, when would be a good time to have an agent come out and do your review for you? If "no" Oh no..., well mortgage protection is a policy that will actually pay your monthly mortgage payments for you, if you get sick or injured and cant work. It will even pay off your entire mortgage for you when you die. And if you dont use it you can get every penny you paid back. What would happen if something like this happened to your family?___________ (Agree and sympathize) Well when would be a good time to have an agent come out and help you with a policy? The close Okay so what time would be best for you? Great so i have the appointment at ________ o'clock on __________. Right? Perfect, well we have your address at_______________ is that correct? Alright great, well our top agent Aaron Stanford Will see you on _______ at______ o'clock Thank you, and have a great day!

Well maybe, i just cant find any good scripts online. Everyone of them is just an intro. But aas far as what im using right now i,ll paste it onto this thread.

IF IT WERE ME, I WOULD CHANGE THE SCRIPT INTO MORE DIRECT AGGRESSIVE APPROACH.. It's a great script, but as a first time agent you gotta cut out the fluff and go for the kill.. It's a numbers game that you can't afford to lose at this stage in the game..
Confidence * follow-up * close *

Tell prospects you 'specialize' providing 'X' product to 'X' clients. For example, I call a 55 yr old Small Biz owner to sell commercial insurance, focus in on one product first (ima use CGL) I would say 'sir I specialize in CGL for small business owners in the X industry. (Ask Qs 2 qualify, 2). I just launched a new program that I am confident will increase your bottom line. Now sir, I do not sell cheap insurance so I'm telling you upfront that if you want cheap, I'm not your guy, but if your seeking a partner dedicated to your business success I am that agent
. Pause. So sir, I appreciate the opportunity to work hard for your business. (Begin app.) don't ask for the app, just go into it.
Once ur done with app and call back w/ proposal explain it and say 'U wanna put this on a visa or MC?' Close it- begin cross-sell..
Execute 1 policy at a time- close, begin process again on their 2nd policy.
Be aggressive cold calling until you have commitment. Once commitment, ease back and guide the call as if they called you and it's an existing client. Confidently build rapport act w/ familiarity as if you've spoken to them 100X and client over 20 years.
Do not cold call like a solicitor or sound script reading type. Talk to prospect as u speak w/ friends professionally of course.
Progress call down path towards close. Once you gain control of the call, having them answer questions builds up confidence, comfort, & trust opening up the call poised for the close.

Speak with confidence I am positive your results will change.. Don't believe me, shoot pay me whatever you pay the lead provider and I'll get you solid leads that you can even listen in on as proof.. If I do not obtain 1 lead day 1- We cut our losses and walk no charge.

Hey Mr./Mrs._____________?
Hey this is_____________ with the the mortgage
Co and I'm calling to quote your mortgage protection on your home.
What company do you have your's with? _____________
Okay, well when's the last time your agent came out and did a policy review?____________
I specialize in mortgage protection and provide annual reviews for clients to Maximize Value and minimum cost.
Tell you what, when would be a good time to have an agent come out and do your review for you?

If "no"
Repeat- I specialize in home mortgage protection and I am confident my proposal will maximize your value. I'm only askin for an opportunity. Pause pause pause (awkward silence).
I can have my colleague top inspector there in 30 minutes. Great so i have the appointment at ________ o'clock on __________. Right?
Perfect, well we have your address at_______________ is that correct? Alright great, well our top agent Aaron Stanford
Will see you on _______ at______ o'clock
Thank you, and have a great day!

If you are purchasing aged leads. How many days out do you prefer?

I don't understand the question? I am buying live transfer leads from Datalot.com. They close within the same day to a week. My close rate has been between 60%-80% depending on the week.

I don't understand the question? I am buying live transfer leads from Datalot.com. They close within the same day to a week. My close rate has been between 60%-80% depending on the week.

Really? That's a great closing ratio... Is that with P&C leads? What kind of scripting are you using?

If that's the case, I've talked to them before about signing up and didn't. Would you say your feedback is 100% positive so far?

If you are purchasing aged leads. How many days out do you prefer?

In response to your question we have some agents that prefer the newer leads under 30 days old in order to grab those people that might ready to buy now even though as a fresher lead they have been called a lot since their recent online inquiry.

Then we have other agents that prefer leads over 30 days old to get away from the time when they were being bombarded with a lot of calls.

Plus we have some agents that prefer leads over 90 days old because they are cheaper and they still do well with them in generating business.

You might want to try some different timeframes to see what works best for you.

We have several recorded webinars that we have done with insurance agents on how they effectively work aged leads to generate business that you can request at the following link:

Aged Insurance Leads Info Request Form

$250 won't even get you a 1000 piece Direct Mailing of which you would (or could) get back about 8-10 leads back. Either keep pounding the phone or the pavement until you sell a few things and have more lead money.
At this point, and I hate to say this, but you should be calling everyone you know---friends, family, old workmates, etc etc.
Also, you could call some P&C shops that don't have life licenses (you can check this via the State) and see if you can work a referral deal out or maybe they would let you call from their book (if you're competent).

Be in control of your lead flow. No one source is better than another, so use numerous sources such as:
NextWave for aged internet leads
ListShack for telemarketing leads (must have SAN registration)
Own a website and learn seo
shopmedicarechoice.com:D

In response to your question we have some agents that prefer the newer leads under 30 days old in order to grab those people that might ready to buy now even though as a fresher lead they have been called a lot since their recent online inquiry. Then we have other agents that prefer leads over 30 days old to get away from the time when they were being bombarded with a lot of calls. Plus we have some agents that prefer leads over 90 days old because they are cheaper and they still do well with them in generating business. You might want to try some different timeframes to see what works best for you. We have several recorded webinars that we have done with insurance agents on how they effectively work aged leads to generate business that you can request at the following link:

Thanks that shed some light.

Back