What's the Best Way to Get Final Expense Leads

It's interesting that DM is such a coveted approach to selling FE. What is a DM piece really? It's just a name, address, and maybe phone and ages of someone replying to a marketing piece, yeah? I can generate that same thing online and have it in the agent's hand much quicker than a DM lead.

I'm curious why DM seems to be so effective for FE. I don't dispute that it is...just wondering if it's because agents have been conditioned for so many years to think DM is the best FE lead so they work those harder, I don't know, just thinking out loud here.

shoot...any FE agents want to try a free FE lead gen campaign out? PM me and I'll throw some free leads at you and see how they compare to DM. I'd be curious myself but I don't sell FE.

Last edited:
It's interesting that DM is such a coveted approach to selling FE. What is a DM piece really? It's just a name, address, and maybe phone and ages of someone replying to a marketing piece, yeah? I can generate that same thing online and have it in the agent's hand much quicker than a DM lead.

I'm curious why DM seems to be so effective for FE. I don't dispute that it is...just wondering if it's because agents have been conditioned for so many years to think DM is the best FE lead so they work those harder, I don't know, just thinking out loud here.

shoot...any FE agents want to try a free FE lead gen campaign out? PM me and I'll throw some free leads at you and see how they compare to DM. I'd be curious myself but I don't sell FE.

Ill be happy to try out your leads. The best leads I work are internet leads for FE BUT the problem comes with cost. In order to get the cost down, most places sell them to several agents at the same time. Or if it is exclusive (like the ones I work) they are expensive and come in slow.

I would quit DM and only work Internet leads if I could get 15-20 per week and they be of the same quality as the ones I am working.

I just sold an internet lead a hour or so ago and once I saw the house, I thought about turning around and leaving because it was so much nicer than I am used to. He had 2 corvettes under the garage.

But I got a $53.83 app!

Ill be happy to try out your leads. The best leads I work are internet leads for FE BUT the problem comes with cost. In order to get the cost down, most places sell them to several agents at the same time. Or if it is exclusive (like the ones I work) they are expensive and come in slow. I would quit DM and only work Internet leads if I could get 15-20 per week and they be of the same quality as the ones I am working. I just sold an internet lead a hour or so ago and once I saw the house, I thought about turning around and leaving because it was so much nicer than I am used to. He had 2 corvettes under the garage. But I got a $53.83 app!

Bro I'm confused... Under the garage. Garages where I live are enclosed, with a door and everything.

Most FE prospects don't have computers. That's one drawback to your plan. The ones that do are usually a little ore well off and have an agent. That's another drawback to your plan.

BUT, the ones that do have a computer and are willing to send their info that way are very good prospects. I'll second what Ben said. If you can deliver internet leads of the same quality as DM, at the same number each week, in the same area each week and at the same price, or even a little higher, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

And you are correct in saying you don't know.

You have no idea about the mindset of the 1%'ers that make up the FE DM responders.

If you can deliver internet leads of the same quality as DM, at the same number each week, in the same area each week and at the same price, or even a little higher, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Challenge accepted jdeasy. You want Quality + Volume + Location + Value. I can deliver that as long as by "same area" you don't mean Mayberry :)

If you don't get a 100% ROI I'll give you a refund. I expect you'll get at least 400%. Give 'em a try. Hit up my sig.

Challenge accepted jdeasy. You want Quality + Volume + Location + Value. I can deliver that as long as by "same area" you don't mean Mayberry :)

If you don't get a 100% ROI I'll give you a refund. I expect you'll get at least 400%. Give 'em a try. Hit up my sig.

I mean in the same county.

Back