Where to Spend $2000/mo Budget for ACA Leads?

Hey, guys

One of my new agents is getting into ACA after years in financial planning. Wants to spend $$ more so than sweat equity. He has a budget of $2k/mo

If you had this "problem" how would you divvy up your marketing dollars?

Build web site --> PPC?
Direct mail?
Radio ads?
Newspaper?

Inquiring minds want to know... thanks in advance!

building a website and getting some SEO consulting would be #1. radio adds would surely blow this budget out of the water, DM could be good, but will be pricey.

I worked at a call center health agency for 2 years, we only bought leads from internet lead vendors, because we had clout the leads would range from 2-5$ apiece. usually from precise or benepath. benepath did live transfers for something around 17$. we did very well once the ACA took effect, mostly because the agency had been in the game and a database of over 1 million leads.

it is going to be very tough to get this ball rolling and would seriously consider the fact that your friend will have to go months without any income maybe a year before he breaks even. he will also need a dialer system and need to get licensed in multiple states. I was licensed in 38 states and held appointments for 2 carriers in most. it cost me about 5 grand.

not to dash anyone's dreams, but I would make sure that this is what you want to do, the ship has sailed for health insurance in my opinion.

Thanks cowgoesMoO - don't think ship has sailed but thanks for advice! We have some guys who do well w radio. One agent in Memphis I'm trying to recruit did about 600 ACA apps last OEP using radio

Facebook - and I would save some money for SEPs later on during the year.

Here's the process I would use:

1. Identify the target market and your ideal customer.
2. Send them to a landing page w/ a video (bond early on)
3. Have a download for a guide to getting tax credits (or something equally valuable)
4. Set up an email sequence for an upcoming webinar
5. Educate them via webinar; end by sending them to a link to apply or to a calendar setting service for a phone call/meeting

For those who don't register for the webinar, send them a follow up sequence of great blog content (you already have that, right?) over 3-4 days, followed by sending them to a landing page with another video asking them directly for an appointment/sale.

This will cost much less than SEO and provide a quicker (and likely higher) ROI.

#1 question is how do you get the most bang for your buck right? Or how to the get the most commission for your investment.

Obv as Stuy said an agent needs to map out their target demo. Me it would be someone 50-63 .

Someone old enough who is going to "want" their health insurance, also ripe for referrals.

Next question for ACA, is do you care if it's on OR off-exchange business? If you want to squeeze the most premium out, it's going to have to on-x, How many $1k mo apps would you get off-x vs on-x, lot's more on-x for sure due to APTC.

If it's on-x you want, how do you market to someone in their 50's to early 60's who has lost their coverage or needs to renew their coverage or uninsured? You can buy internet leads, and get folks in their 50's who make only 12-17k a year and have trouble making ends meet.

It was me I'd pick my #1 carrier, easiest to deal with/best comp and do direct mail / local ppc / fb advertising, to blanket that area.

Stuy119,

Great comments. My challenge is having the time to execute steps 2-5. What service/vendor do you suggest that can make it easier to get it rolling?

Thanks.

Facebook - and I would save some money for SEPs later on during the year.

Here's the process I would use:

1. Identify the target market and your ideal customer.
2. Send them to a landing page w/ a video (bond early on)
3. Have a download for a guide to getting tax credits (or something equally valuable)
4. Set up an email sequence for an upcoming webinar
5. Educate them via webinar; end by sending them to a link to apply or to a calendar setting service for a phone call/meeting

For those who don't register for the webinar, send them a follow up sequence of great blog content (you already have that, right?) over 3-4 days, followed by sending them to a landing page with another video asking them directly for an appointment/sale.

This will cost much less than SEO and provide a quicker (and likely higher) ROI.

----------

Great ideas. However, the one challenge we all will have is...By the time carriers come out with plans/rates....when are we going to figure out who the best is each year...Mid November? Unless someone knows how to figure it out before hand, it doesn't leave much time.

#1 question is how do you get the most bang for your buck right? Or how to the get the most commission for your investment.

Obv as Stuy said an agent needs to map out their target demo. Me it would be someone 50-63 .

Someone old enough who is going to "want" their health insurance, also ripe for referrals.

Next question for ACA, is do you care if it's on OR off-exchange business? If you want to squeeze the most premium out, it's going to have to on-x, How many $1k mo apps would you get off-x vs on-x, lot's more on-x for sure due to APTC.

If it's on-x you want, how do you market to someone in their 50's to early 60's who has lost their coverage or needs to renew their coverage or uninsured? You can buy internet leads, and get folks in their 50's who make only 12-17k a year and have trouble making ends meet.

It was me I'd pick my #1 carrier, easiest to deal with/best comp and do direct mail / local ppc / fb advertising, to blanket that area.

I do it for a handful of clients right now. I utilize our email marketing platform and a few other online tools.

Shoot me a PM to talk more.

Hey, guys One of my new agents is getting into ACA after years in financial planning. Wants to spend $$ more so than sweat equity. He has a budget of $2k/mo If you had this "problem" how would you divvy up your marketing dollars? Build web site --> PPC? Direct mail? Radio ads? Newspaper? Inquiring minds want to know... thanks in advance!

I would absolutely pick a few different marketing methods. I think the agents who put all their eggs in one basket always end up disappointed at some point.

Diversify! Direct Mail, Telemarket Leads, Internet Leads, referrals....

I would absolutely pick a few different marketing methods.

I agree :)

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

----------

I do it for a handful of clients right now. I utilize our email marketing platform and a few other online tools.

Shoot me a PM to talk more.

I know this wasn't intended for me, but I'm really curious also. I'd appreciate if you would let me PM you on this. Thanks!

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

Latest posts

Back