Why Choose SalesGenie.com Vs AffordableMarketingLists.com?

I'm not familiar with what you offer or the Genie. I use Leads2Success with my ILIAA discount. $25 for 1,000 names and I can select the criteria, play with it like above said.

How do the 3 compare?
Let's add a 4th name: infofree.com.....$25 a month (RFS discount) for unlimited lists, etc.

I did the sales genie trial and liked it alot----I still don't know what that programs costs since I haven't called the sales guy who keeps emailing me.

SalesGenie is a product of InfoGroup (infousa, referenceusa, and the list giant I think are three of their other companies). SalesGenie offers an unlimited data plan that as of the last time I checked was $150 and capped at 2k records to download per month (7.5 cents/record). You can also purchase it on a per record basis, but they are fairly expensive. Overall there data isn't bad, but according to a study Axicom commissioned they were the least accurate of what was measured at about 84% accurate (which is in line with what my customers tell me).

I'm not familiar with Leads2Success, but they're probably similar to me. Typically my data runs 92%-95% accurate and if it drops below 90% I will replace every bad record. I'm not aware of any other vendors that will do that, but that doesn't mean anything else.

Infofree.com is exactly what you'd expect from a $25/month data plan. A user on here (I believe rousemark) signed up and found that 30% of the millionaires in his area lived in government subsidized housing. Another member spent a Saturday morning/afternoon door knocking about 50 records of new homeowner/marriage/kids and out of all the door knocking he did, allegedly literally zero of the records were what they claimed to be. I'm sure those are probably extreme examples, but when data is cheap, there is usually a reason. For example, if you take a look at datadepot.biz for less than the price of a used honda you can buy pretty much every record available. The reality is that the accuracy on the data is questionable at best, but that's why it's cheap. In theory anyone could buy that data, stick it into a fancy website (their website is awesome), and then feed the data of questionable quality into the system for folks to download.

I put together a list of other companies that broker data along with their prices. The reality is that in price, I offer very reliable and very accurate data for typically *much* less than the competition.

All pricing below is directly from the vendors and accurate as of 3/1/2012. For most accurate pricing please contact the vendors directly.

Affordable Marketing Lists - AffordableMarketingLists.com - 888.904.3292
  • 1,000 for $59 (5.9 cents per lead)
  • 2,000 for $99 (5 cents per lead)

Cole Lists - ColeLists.com - 800.800.3271
  • 1,000 for $110 (11 cents per lead)
  • 2,000 for $200 (10 cents per lead)

Database 101 Prices - Database101.com - 877.417.0101
  • 1,000 for $150 (15 cents per record)
  • 2,000 for $260 (13 cents per record)
Experian - Experian.com - 888.808.8242
  • 1,000 for $350 (35 cents per lead)
  • 2,000 for $400 (20 cents per lead)

ReferenceUSA - ReferenceUSA.com - 888.808.1113
  • 1,000 for $190 (19 cents per lead)
  • 2,000 for $320 (16 cents per lead)

Sales Genie Prices - SalesGenie.com - 877.708.3844
  • 1,000 for $240 (24 cents per lead)
  • 2,000 for $390 (19.5 cents per lead)

Wow, that's a big price swing.

Exactly. When it comes to compiled data (sourced from around 300 different places), my pricing is awesome. You're not getting a list of folks in the white pages, you're not having to pull it yourself, you're not having to guess whether or not the data is accurate.

I think on my new site I need to address that difference between cheap bulk data and actual compiled lists.

I think its very helpful that you put the above competitors prices etc. above. I personally would affiliate myself with them all, and offer them all through your site, and have your site be a true offer, either through you, or through your links at the comparative sections on your website.

In FREE INC. a great book that is showing how internet commerce has revolutionized the whole way of buying services and products. You literally have to offer all the value you can by offering as much of everything for free. Shoppers are so inundated by choice that they can't make a decision or do it for themselves anymore. Which if you offer true comparisons, and a way for them to get any data (even if they are affiliate links, which you should mask with bitly or something similar so google doesn't penalize your site, and don't forget to offer 400 words per affiliate link to balance out the Search Engines) then they will choose your service because you literally helped them shop and compare already.

Those are some interesting points. I don't think any of them offer affiliate programs in any meaningful way, but worth considering. I like that AffordableMarketingLists.com is at the top alphabetically :) I have another site I'm putting together specifically to hit that point, because the best thing I can have is an informed consumer.

Speaking of affiliates, I don't really offer direct mail or print services in the way most agents are looking for them, but I do have an affiliate relationship with psprint.com (the link is on my site) and I've personally used them so I like them. There are a few others I haven't used, but I'm sure also can do a good job. I'm almost hesitant to put any of that up because I wonder if that degrades my value, sort of the way Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone! is visually cheapened by adsense. The reality is only way I'm monetizing FreeTelemarketingScripts.com is by the adsense so frankly I'm fine with having it up there, but maybe I should swap them out with AffordableMarketingLists.com banners.

Any thoughts about having affiliate links for the different print services and/or a tasteful way of doing it?

Josh, I just tried to go to your site & FireFox or Avast blocked it ... malicious something. It may be my machine or perhaps you've been hacked.

Josh, I just tried to go to your site & FireFox or Avast blocked it ... malicious something. It may be my machine or perhaps you've been hacked.

I just spent the last two hours dealing with that. I thought I had dodged the timthumb debacle, but it looks like I didn't. Everything should be square now, but I'm still working on it. The site host claims they've removed the malicious files, but I'm sure I have some holes to patch to keep this from happening again.

Back