Why Do Telemarketing Companies Take Advantage of Agents?

How about naming some telemarketing firms that worked? I tried Virgin Leads once. I bought 10 leads for $200 and most of them were bad, but I made 1 sale for a $672 commission. I tried to find their website today, but I couldn't find it. It would be cool if anyone could share some positive experiences with telemarketed lead companies.

Simple solution - Dont pay for hours - Pay for Appointments / Leads only- (Make sure you and the firm define what qualifies) -

Also ask who owns the lead - will they re-sell and turn you into a quote mill?

don't pay them in advance - Make them sing for their supper each month- (a small down and montly installment works)
if they are not performing - dont - Pay

I have a list of qualifying questions I can share - send me a pm

Good luck -

Charlie Tan
Beacon Marketing Inc
www.beaconmarketing.net
866-580-4264 ext 208

If you're only going to pay for appoints/leads, you're going to get a different type of quality and a different type of company to work with than if you're paying hourly.

Simple solution - Dont pay for hours - Pay for Appointments / Leads only- (Make sure you and the firm define what qualifies) -

Also ask who owns the lead - will they re-sell and turn you into a quote mill?

don't pay them in advance - Make them sing for their supper each month- (a small down and montly installment works)
if they are not performing - dont - Pay

I have a list of qualifying questions I can share - send me a pm

Good luck -

Charlie Tan
Beacon Marketing Inc
www.beaconmarketing.net
866-580-4264 ext 208

When you pay by the lead that's when you get screwed. If that's the only way they get paid of course they will pad the lead that's a given. Pay by the hour and hold them to a number of appointments and you will get a better lead and NO contracts month to month only.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you're only going to pay for appoints/leads, you're going to get a different type of quality and a different type of company to work with than if you're paying hourly.

Josh is 100% RIGHT!!!!!

Last edited:
mfancher said:
When you pay by the lead that's when you get screwed. If that's the only way they get paid of course they will pad the lead that's a given. Pay by the hour and hold them to a number of appointments and you will get a better lead and NO contracts month to month only.

Josh is 100% RIGHT!!!!!

I pay by qualified seen appointments the prospect must have thier pay statement and I pay in arrears.

Josh is 100% RIGHT!!!!!

I agree with you guys - but the way we set up our programs have nothing to do with the way we compensate our people

We bill by appts/ leads but

our people are not paid by appt/ lead - they earn a flat rate and a bonus once the agent gives us feed back from what happend on the appt

Out of curiousity - how many appts can you guys get in an hour?

Thanks
Charlie

Out of curiousity - how many appts can you guys get in an hour?

About 0 to 4 per hour.

This is part of the flaw of a per appointment/lead system. I have a lot of experience with telemarketing and the response rate varies by area and product. Why should any telemarketing company worth their salt risk losing money on a deal if they are providing a valuable service.

Telemarketers get their teeth kicked in enough, they don't need to be wondering if they're going to get paid while they're making calls because people are saying no so the good ones (that generate quality, not "we're just going to drop off some information") are usually not going to be hip on a pay per lead/appointment deal when they don't know what the experience is with the product before. If I have to pay my telemarketer hourly, I'm going to bill hourly because I'm not going to risk losing money because an agent (or any other client) gives us a garbage campaign in a garbage area. It just doesn't make sense.

Are there companies that will take that risk? Absolutely, but more often than not what ends up happening is either the agent gets ripped off (pays for X amount of qualified appointments and doesn't get quality) or the telemarketing group loses money (paid telemarketers $500 for what the sold for $300 or however the numbers work).

As you know it's all about the numbers -

To make it work you need to know what your conversion ratios are for each industry -area company size

We Guarantee our appts 100% even w/ confirmation-

The meeting will be with a prospect that will be ready to discuss their ins with our agent -

Anything short of that does not count in our book

We never promise what we can't deliver

Charlie

As you know it's all about the numbers -

To make it work you need to know what your conversion ratios are for each industry -area company size

We Guarantee our appts 100% even w/ confirmation-

The meeting will be with a prospect that will be ready to discuss their ins with our agent -

Anything short of that does not count in our book

We never promise what we can't deliver

Charlie

Looks like you guys serve the commercial insurance market. Do you work within any other markets, ie, life, health etc?

Looks like you guys serve the commercial insurance market. Do you work within any other markets, ie, life, health etc?

We do not -target any of those markets specifically

If we can lead in with going after CL -

We can ask prospects that we speak to if there is an interest in looking at other insurance (Group health, life Aflac personal lines ect)

Thanks

Charlie

Back