Would these leads be useful for agents?

jconway6

I currently sell leads to advertising companies. One of my current accounts recommend that I sell leads to insurance agents. I know nothing about the insurance industry, so I don't know if they would be useful or a good price point for insurance agents. I email my current accounts about 50-100 leads per day, that are all new businesses, potentially needing workers comp, or liability insurance policies. I have also thought about selling new home owner leads for potential life insurance policies to cover new mortgage amounts. Are either of these potentially good sources of leads for insurance agents. I know they work great for yellow pages and news paper advertising, but would love to hear your input.

they are newly licensed contractors. I email them to my clients the day they receive their license, so they are as "fresh" as any lead available. For my advertising accounts, I charge $100 per month, but they are only able to use leads in physical geographic proximity. For insurance agents I am thinking I should charge $200 per month because they could sell to the full 1500 per month. Or maybe I could sell exclusivity to the list or maybe per county. I don't know. I am open to suggestion, as I haven't sold any to insurance industry yet. They are only in CA at this point, but have access to other states. I won't put in the hours of work for other states, until I have a potential account. The newly closed home sale leads are nothing more than an idea. Again, I don't know if they would be useful to life insurance agents or not.

They are not prescreened or prequalified. So maybe by definition they are a list not leads. Again, they may not be a good match. I am just trying to determine if it is worth my while to sell them to insurance agents, and if so a good, fair price point.

Not a bad idea. But if I am going to cold call agents to sell, I should have some kind of price point and idea in mind. Do you think it would be better to charge more and sell exclusively by county, state, or just resell for lower cost over and over? Is $200 to much for about 70-100 leads per day?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
if somebody in CA would like to try a days worth of leads, let me know. I will email you a day, and you let me know what they are worth. [email protected]

Last edited:
Many jurisdictions have new business lists available at no charge. You can download the list online in various formats. Some are published daily, others weekly.

All at no charge.

So I guess I am missing something.

Why would anyone pay $100 - $200 per month for a list that is available at no charge?

Many jurisdictions have new business lists available at no charge. You can download the list online in various formats. Some are published daily, others weekly.

All at no charge.

So I guess I am missing something.

Why would anyone pay $100 - $200 per month for a list that is available at no charge?

I used to use GoLeads back in my cold-calling days and it was only $9.95 per month. It doesn't seem like this data would be that much more useful?

Back