Agency Management System

Frank, as a life and health agent I would feel awkward asking my clients to take a picture, especially the first time I met them. I think it might send up some flags. As for the scanned documents...shouldn't we all keep the original app in a filing cabinet just in case something happened to your program or back up files?

Thats one of the benefits of scanning documents. You can have scanned copies backed up on a hundred different discs and they still don't take up as much room as a hard copy client file.

Frank, as a life and health agent I would feel awkward asking my clients to take a picture, especially the first time I met them. I think it might send up some flags. As for the scanned documents...shouldn't we all keep the original app in a filing cabinet just in case something happened to your program or back up files?

Mike, I also would be uncomfortable taking pictures of prospects when they took a policy with me. Especially of the guy who was in his underwear. I think it would definitely send up red flags. Might even get me arrested if I tried!

Most all of the L&H agents I have talked to feel that your suggestion is a better option. That is what I personally do. Once the policy has been issued I dispose of the copy of the app. I don't know too many L&H agents who would spend a couple of hundred dollars extra to have that option.

However, P&C agents have a valid point.

Last edited:
Frank,

We have used to YIO system for more than 3 years. I am still thankful for how YIO has organized my office and my time. We have tried several different programs over the last 11 years but this one, out does them all. Our business has more than tripled. We are an insurance brokerage and there are over 200 agents who have submitted business in the last 3 years. With YIO I am able to pull any information they request in a matter of seconds. Since we don't have any prospects as for as clients go, I use the Prospect section for our agents. The policies they write are stored under the client section. But, using the prospect section this way lets me have all of their information at my finger tips. We can also keep up with birthdays and in the comment box, list the companies they are licensed with. It is truly a wonderful system.
I have read the comments about wanting to scan and store documents in YIO. When we moved to a new office I had to give up a lot of storage area. We were housing applications for the last 7 years. Now, I have 1 year of applications on hand and I have started scanning new applications in and saving them to a "Flash Drive". The documents are saved to a PDF file and if something happened to our computers, we could access the flash drive from any computer that has Adobe. My hard drive is not loaded down with all of the applications. I am using a 512 MB flash drive which was about $14.00 at our local office supply store. You can plug the drive in to your USB port, open it and see a list of the apps, click on the one you need and open. I am also using another flash drive to backup YIO. Even if YIO could store the documents I don't know that I would use that option because of loading too much on the hard drive and slowing the computer down.

Thanks,
JDavis
Life Marketing Services

Last edited:
For my life and health business, I have a scanned copy of the application, the check they paid with, and any change / acceptance forms they signed. The health questionaires on life applications are deleted (i.e., not retained) after the policy is issued, per policy.

(Note: all references to securities related policies have been deleted, due to compliance issues, but you can imagine that this is a MUST for those!)

For P&C stuff, there is usually a lot more paperwork, though the number of pages are usually less. It's just the number of documents are greater. There is everything from the persons current policy, they always want you to quote against that, there are the company forms that were signed, there is the actual quote that they will hold you to later, etc, etc, etc. I like the ability to click on something and have the form come up.

Frank - don't confuse the scanning software with the ability to attach a document. Act / Maximizer / Goldmine, etc, all allow you to attach a scanned document without paying any additional fees. I don't need a new way to scan, just a way to manage documents. Even those who have files stored on their harddrive (similar to what I do, with backups), should have a link to that document from the customer screen. When we talk about 'storing a scanned document', I think most of us would be happy with the ability to 'attach' the document to the client in an easy manner. Also, keep in mind that P&C offices tend to have staff, so it's a network situation.

Dan

I purchased Your Insurance Office in 2003. I have used it faithfully since. The birthday letter option is the best reinforcement program I have going. Many times over the years, people have called and thanked me for their only birthday card. I often wondered how many husband's and boyfriend's I got into trouble over this one.
biggrin.gif

Two months ago a virus ate my program files. Frank being a man of his word mailed me a replacement disk to get me up and running. To my amazement, the backup file worked and it is working today.

I am writing this post as an unsolicited recommendation of Your Insurance Office via Frank Stansky. If you need a contact management program for health and life. This is the program for you. Call me anytime and I will recommend Your Insurance Office in a heart beat.

Frank, I will send you my bill!
biggrin.gif

Hey, good to see everyone on here again. I used to post on the old insurance-forums.com, but it's been a while. I've been under a rock trying to start my own agency and haven't had a chance to post on the new forums as much as I should.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I've had Frank's YIO software for quite some time now and absolutely love it. It's way easier than the Access database config I had set up. *3 cheers for Frank*

By the way, his customer support was amazing. He really went above and beyond anything I expected (including a walkthrough); he's very thorough.

Back