[Updated And Revamped for 2015!]: Succeed in the Final Expense Life Insurance Business with Final Ex

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
***New For 2016 -- New Online Final Expense Training Platform/Resource Center for All Final Expense Agent Mentor Agents! Read More Below!***

Greetings Aspiring Final Expense Agent:

Are you a licensed life insurance agent looking to break into the final expense industry? With all the agency options available to you, are you unsure which route is in your best interest?

If you answered, “Yes,” to both questions above, please take a few minutes to continue reading my offer below, and how it might be in you best interest to work with me.

My name is David, and I operate Final Expense Agent Mentor.

What I do at Final Expense Agent Mentor is a little different than most of the agent opportunities you’ll come across. The difference is this: my mission is to mentor and develop each one of my agents into successful, independent final expense insurance agents through providing a high-level of personal, one-on-one training from myself, so they become competent final expense agents in a shorter period of time.

Here’s how I deliver on my commitment to my agents:

1. Real-World Training From A Real Producer: Unlike most marketers you’ll deal with who’ve never sold a final expense policy, I am a consistent and successful final expense producer, who has experienced the ups and downs of this business. The benefit to you is your training will be more relevant coming from someone with real-world experience selling final expense, versus from a manager who’s been out of the field for years.

2. Personalized, One-on-One Mentorship: As a famous FE agent once said, “Final expense is simple, but it isn’t easy.” To be successful in this business, you need on-going coaching and mentoring, and a qualified upline to steer you in the right direction to optimally develop your industry-specific and salesmanship skills. Without this guidance, the odds are stacked against you succeeding.

I am a firm believer that on-going, one-on-one training is the only way for the vast majority of agents to succeed in the final expense business, so my commitment to my agents is to encourage ride-alongs with me to see how I personally produce, and to learn how to successfully present, close, and how to choose the best final expense burial insurance products for specific types of underwriting situations.

3. A Commitment To Independence: As a Final Expense Agent Mentor agent, you will NOT be captive, or assign ANY of your commissions. To do so would break my personal belief in the value of being an independent agent.

In fact, once you hit the production goal we mutually agree upon, I will either (a) move you to street level underneath me, or (b) immediately release you to migrate your contracts elsewhere, whichever you’d prefer.

Bottom line, I give you in writing the ability to adjust your business as you see fit and move carrier contracts, as soon as you hit our mutually-agreed-upon production requirements.

Go HERE for Great Final Expense Video Training From Me To "Test-Drive" My Final Expense Industry Insight and Experience!

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where are you located, and where are you recruiting agents?

I am located in Tennessee and now recruit new AND coachable final expense agents nationally!

2. How do leads work with you?

First, I do not manufacture or make money on brokering leads.

Secondly, I do not subsidize leads. The truth is that while you can pay a lower price for subsidized leads, your cost is much higher in the long run, due to reduced first-year and renewal commission - see my Free Lead Article and Video Here. Buying your own leads is truly best long-term option financially for final expense agents, and that’s what I recommend to all my agents.

Thirdly, I have relationships some of the most reputable and consistent lead houses and call centers that generate leads for final expense that I refer new agents to like yourself.

Generally-speaking, you need to have about $2000 to invest in your marketing budget to make a lead program work efficiently from the beginning. We will talk about this upfront in more detail if you are seriously considering contracting with me.

3. Do you give top contracts?

No, not as a rank-and-file beginner. As the old saying goes, “You don’t know what you don’t know.”

The number one reason agents work with me is the intense level of training I give them to start them off on the right foot. In exchange for my commitment to your skill development and long-term success is a lower-than-street level contract.

However, as you learn this business and receive mentoring from me, you can still make a good living, even after taking into account your operating expenses. And even better, once you hit your production goals (which takes an estimated 3 to 5 months of production), you will be bumped to street level commission, or you can move your contracts elsewhere.

Bottom line, if you’re looking for the lucrative “top contracts,” please don’t bother contacting me. I only work with people that understand the long-term value of personalized training, not with people who think they can get top contracts AND top training.

4. Do you have a monthly quota?

No; however, since most agents I talk to have a personal income goal of $100,000, I do urge all my agents to have a personal minimum production goal of 2500AP to 3000AP weekly, as that’s what is required on a street level contract to hit those numbers.

5. How long does it take to get contracted, get leads, and get to work?

Around 2 to 4 weeks, assuming your contracting was completed without any outstanding requirements, and you begin your lead program.

6. Will you release me?

I give unconditional, up-front releases at any time. You are allowed to migrate your contract at any time you feel fit.

However my mission is to develop a personal relationship of trust and mutual value so as to make sure my agents are getting paid well and getting the service they need to succeed over the long run.

7. How much time is required to successfully sell final expense?

One of the great characteristics of this business is the ability to do it part-time or full-time.

A final expense agent angling for $100,000 in annual income needs to do a minimum of 12-15 appointments weekly, which is around 3 solid days in the field. Some need more time, some less.

If you work a 9-5 job, you can spend 2-3 days in the field after work, and all day Saturday, in order to hit 8-10 appointments weekly, which still will allow you to do a fair bit of business if you are consistent.

8. What other requirements do you have for agents?

My only other requirement is that you place any final expense business you produce under the carriers I have you appointed with, until you hit your production requirement, after which I do not bind you to sending your business to the carriers appointed under me.

This is a fair requirement to have, as I am trading my time and personal investment in your success in exchange for a piece of the profits you make on your personal production.

9. Can You Explain How Your Training Makes You Unique to Other Agencies?

First, I believe the most important element to your success as a new agent is ease of accessibility to your up-line/manager.

To accomplish that, I have purposely set up my Mentorship program to only work with a small selection of agents, which allows me to spend more time helping my new agents develop as final expense producers.

Since I do not have hundreds of agents in my Mentorship program, I am available to answer most of my calls, and return nearly all of them within the next hour if I happen to miss them, which is extremely important as you may need my help in selecting the right product to close your deal.

Additionally, Mentorship agents have access to a "Members Only" training website, where they get access to:

1) Live sales calls to help the better sell final expense,
2) Carrier training modules I personally recorded to help you better understand how to use your final expense carriers, and
3) Scripts for appointment-setting, door-knocking, and presenting.

My Mentorship agents will have the benefit of having access to:

1) LIVE Sales Calls I Conducted: This will help you learn a TON about HOW to conduct a final expense presentation.

2) Examples of How to Set Appointments: Drop in on my appointment-setter while she sets appointments with my leads - you will learn not only WHAT to say, but HOW to say it -- from a real, live actual phone call, NOT from a written script.

3) Videos of Application and Underwriting Training: I have personally recorded over a dozen training videos to help you learn your final expense applications, as well as which carriers are good for specific underwriting situations. This will help you learn your applications faster and help you become more confident in offering the RIGHT product to your prospects.

4) Sales Training Videos, Replacing Life Insurance Videos: I have recorded in-depth training videos on how I sell life insurance, and explain the rationale behind why I do what I do. Also, you will learn what to look for in existing policies to help you replace inferior coverage, and how to SHOW your prospect why replacement is a good idea. This will build your selling confidence and help you find more sales opportunity.

5) Underwriting Cheat-Sheets, Appointment-Setting and Presentation Scripts, and More!: Lastly, you'll have Underwriting "cheat sheets" to help you more quickly find the best carrier for your prospect, as well as having written scripts for appointment setting and presenting to help you learn the fundamentals of final expense faster.

Now Here’s What I’m Looking For

Since I am totally focused on developing each one of my agents, I am looking for motivated, COACHABLE, individuals who already understand that value of mentorship, and are willing to put aside their ego, follow my system without deviation, and experience success.

If what you have read sounds like it make sense and may possibly be a good fit for you, please start your research process by scrolling to the bottom of this Offer post, and watch the following videos:

-The Truth About The Final Expense - It is vastly important that you understand HOW this business works and what is at stake when you contract with a Final Expense Agency; this video will illuminate what agency managers and final expense marketing organizations DON'T want you to know regarding how the "bilk" new agents like yourself.
-The two "Interview" Videos with Agents Chip and Michael - Get a detailed, inside scoop about what the Mentorship program is like from successful agents, and what value they received working with me.

Doing all of this will prep you for what this business is truly like, and help you determine if my program is right for you.

Please feel free to contact me about the Mentorship program only after you have reviewed all three videos posted above and have completed your research. I can be contacted by going to my contact page here: Contact | Feagentmentor.com

All the best,

Dave “Rearden”
Final Expense Agent Mentor
Feagentmentor.com

Last edited:
Nice post! Good luck on this venture. Seems the whole world, at least this forum, is going FE.

This sounds like a great deal. I would jump on this, if I were a new agent in Rearden's geographic area. Some good hands on training, which is hard to find in this industry for an independent agent.

Assuming Sam finds my Update Post kosher, I wanted to provide some illuminate some of the results my Mentorship Mentees have had over the past few months.

Agent in East Georgia -- He is selling final expense in conjunction with his full-time career, which is non-sales related. On his first 20 or 25 leads, he sold 9 policies for somewhere between 3500AP to 4000AP!

I had the pleasure to do a ride-along with him one day during his second week in the field. I was able to show him how to properly sell the value of replacing sub-par policies with better coverage, plus how to present different options for replacement to give the prospect her choice of what fit her needs best. Net result was a 1000AP sale.

Agent in East Tennessee -- Just like the agent in East Georgia, this agent is starting part-time 3 days a week, working to eventually go full-time in to final expense.

On his second day in the field, I went on a ride-along with him and he booked just shy of 3000AP in final expense business!

In the ride-along, I taught him some of the nuances of door-knocking a lead unannounced, how to replace an expiring, large face-value term policy with a lower face-value, more expensive whole life policy, and how to fact-find appropriately to "custom-fit" our product selection to the client.

Agent in Middle Tennessee -- He's been in the business now just around a month, and on an investment of roughly $715 in leads, he has booked around 8000AP in premium! That's a 12 to 1 return on investment at street level commissions.

Additionally, I was able to help him with more difficult underwriting scenarios and get him contracted with additional carriers to successfully write the most competitive and best underwriting selection for his client, giving him the best chance of keeping that policy on the books, which is VERY important in this competitive business.

Another Agent in East Tennessee -- He's been in the business just north of a month, and has averaged right around 3000AP a week.

He's what a call a "grinder," which is what I love to see in Mentees -- he works every lead to death, and is willing to doorknock leads up to 8:30 at night! Believe it or not, not only hasn't he been shot dead, but he's actually sold a few policies on those late knocks, too!

I went on a ride-along with him, and was able to give him some valuable pointers on effective pre-qualification and how NOT doing it results in wasted time, effort, and increased frustration.

I still have 3-4 spots open for new Mentorship Mentees, so, if you still have interest, feel free to go to Feagentmentor.com, check out my website, and make sure to listen to my Truth About FE Industry recording before you contact me.

All the best,

Dave “Rearden”
Feagentmentor.com

UPDATED: Interview With Mentorship Graduate

Below I've embedded an audio interview with my agent Chip who has recently completed the Mentorship program for your listening pleasure.

In it, he details the advantages of working with me and my Final Expense Agent Mentorship Program, and how he achieved the following in his first 6 months:

1) A 12:1 Return On Lead Investment Using Our Proprietary Lead Generation System.

2) An Average Annual Premium Case Size of $912 (Average is $600-$650).

3) A 67% Closing Ratio on Completed Appointments.

If you are interested in pursuing a career in the final expense burial insurance market, you'll want to hear Chip's experience in his first six months as an FE agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming Sam finds my Update Post kosher, I wanted to provide some illuminate some of the results my Mentorship Mentees have had over the past few months.

Agent in East Georgia -- He is selling final expense in conjunction with his full-time career, which is non-sales related. On his first 20 or 25 leads, he sold 9 policies for somewhere between 3500AP to 4000AP!

I had the pleasure to do a ride-along with him one day during his second week in the field. I was able to show him how to properly sell the value of replacing sub-par policies with better coverage, plus how to present different options for replacement to give the prospect her choice of what fit her needs best. Net result was a 1000AP sale.

Agent in East Tennessee -- Just like the agent in East Georgia, this agent is starting part-time 3 days a week, working to eventually go full-time in to final expense.

On his second day in the field, I went on a ride-along with him and he booked just shy of 3000AP in final expense business!

In the ride-along, I taught him some of the nuances of door-knocking a lead unannounced, how to replace an expiring, large face-value term policy with a lower face-value, more expensive whole life policy, and how to fact-find appropriately to "custom-fit" our product selection to the client.

Agent in Middle Tennessee -- He's been in the business now just around a month, and on an investment of roughly $715 in leads, he has booked around 8000AP in premium! That's a 12 to 1 return on investment at street level commissions.

Additionally, I was able to help him with more difficult underwriting scenarios and get him contracted with additional carriers to successfully write the most competitive and best underwriting selection for his client, giving him the best chance of keeping that policy on the books, which is VERY important in this competitive business.

Another Agent in East Tennessee -- He's been in the business just north of a month, and has averaged right around 3000AP a week.

He's what a call a "grinder," which is what I love to see in Mentees -- he works every lead to death, and is willing to doorknock leads up to 8:30 at night! Believe it or not, not only hasn't he been shot dead, but he's actually sold a few policies on those late knocks, too!

I went on a ride-along with him, and was able to give him some valuable pointers on effective pre-qualification and how NOT doing it results in wasted time, effort, and increased frustration.

I still have 3-4 spots open for new Mentorship Mentees, so, if you still have interest, feel free to go to Feagentmentor.com, check out my website, and make sure to listen to my Truth About FE Industry recording before you contact me.

All the best,

Dave “Rearden”
Feagentmentor.com

I need to move from CT... There are no final expense companies that I can find that would mentor me or at least I know nobody in The CT, NJ or NY area.

Back