Go To Meetings (The Coolest Thing Ever!!)

Please, call me J.R.

The only people who can call me John are family and clients who pay their premium every month ;)

Here is a template for anybody to look at http://vyew.com/room#/672798/29387

Feel free to leave any comments at the bottom left chat area. It is pretty basic in design. I have a power point presentation template that I use for every online client presentation. I simply cut and paste the information I need to go over, upload it to the server and name it so I can keep track of things and lock the presentation initially. Then I send an e-mail to the client by "invite only" and call them at the appointed time/day to go over things.

NOTE # 1: I ALWAYS SEND A CLIENT THE FULL BROCHURE AFTER THE PRESENTATION TO PROTECT MY 6 UNLESS THEY ALREADY RECEIVED ONE FROM ME!

I had a bit of a mix-up last week when I left 2 presentations open to clients and apparently they both looked over it WHEN I WAS NOT THERE! This was not planned and I had a nice discussion with one of the owners of the board and was able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Good news is that I got one of the clients, while the second client is MIA.
I surmised she either went direct or she died. Who knows! Hopefully both......j/k......Onward

NOTE # 2. Always use the "invite only" feature when you are on the phone with a client if they are at the computer so you KNOW they can access the presentation later on. If they are serious, I have no problem asking people to do this for me.

I designed a Welcome Presentation to verify they know how to access the site and I am in the process of putting together a few others that will keep them busy and entertained prior to our meeting.

The only thing missing is audio music clients can listen to while looking through the presentations. :D

I am of the opinion that GatherPlace and most others are too techy for most consumers. I recommend IBOOMERANG which I believe operates on the Gather Place technology someone mentioned earlier. $50/mo

www.iboomerang.com

Customer simply clicks on link on your website, it is a no brainer - nothing techy or user / passwords, etc.,

Great information. I have not used any of these yet. But with the price of gas going up....I will give them a try and see which one works best for me. Thanks for the information.

I have just started to use a service called Go To Meeting that has blown me away.

Essentially, you can give your clients a link to follow, that allows them to see on their computer screen exactly what you see on yours. If you want to show them multiple quotes from various companies, all you need to do is invite them to that meeting, where you can walk them through whatever you want, while they view YOUR computer screen in their browser.

If you show clients multiple quotes, or more importantly, if you try to have them sign up with electronic applications, then this is an awesome way to make sure that there are no screw-ups.

They have a free trial, which is what I am using, and it is great. If you use this link, you get an extra $10 off if you decide to use it after the free trial.

If you don't want to continue after your trial is over, you can go to subscription options and change it very easily, and still finish out your free trial.

This system is real popular with financial institutions. You also may want to look at webinars.com

How secure is their free version? I would think the most secure
gotomeeting software would be the better choice.

great find though! Online sure beats driving around in traffic!

Please, call me J.R.

The only people who can call me John are family and clients who pay their premium every month ;)

Here is a template for anybody to look at Vyew.com - - Free Anytime Collaboration and Live Conferencing

Feel free to leave any comments at the bottom left chat area. It is pretty basic in design. I have a power point presentation template that I use for every online client presentation. I simply cut and paste the information I need to go over, upload it to the server and name it so I can keep track of things and lock the presentation initially. Then I send an e-mail to the client by "invite only" and call them at the appointed time/day to go over things.

NOTE # 1: I ALWAYS SEND A CLIENT THE FULL BROCHURE AFTER THE PRESENTATION TO PROTECT MY 6 UNLESS THEY ALREADY RECEIVED ONE FROM ME!

I had a bit of a mix-up last week when I left 2 presentations open to clients and apparently they both looked over it WHEN I WAS NOT THERE! This was not planned and I had a nice discussion with one of the owners of the board and was able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Good news is that I got one of the clients, while the second client is MIA.
I surmised she either went direct or she died. Who knows! Hopefully both......j/k......Onward

NOTE # 2. Always use the "invite only" feature when you are on the phone with a client if they are at the computer so you KNOW they can access the presentation later on. If they are serious, I have no problem asking people to do this for me.

I designed a Welcome Presentation to verify they know how to access the site and I am in the process of putting together a few others that will keep them busy and entertained prior to our meeting.

The only thing missing is audio music clients can listen to while looking through the presentations. :D

I've started seriously looking into these as viable alternatives to so many other methods of meeting with clients. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences, and to J.R. for his valuable suggestions (you did mean CYA, right?).

Back