Huge Discount on LTC Training

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
The Independent Life Insurance Agent Association has just received a huge discount on LTC training, leading to the professional designation of CLTC. I took the online course and wish I had done the classroom study. This was hands down the most comprehensive course of study I have had the pleasure to take.

I have helped more people with their long term care needs because of this education and have paid for the course many times over.

"The goal is to teach students how to create a plan that preserves the emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing of a client's family should care be necessary. Once established, options to fund that plan, including, Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Administration, self-funding and long-term care insurance, are reviewed and recommended where appropriate.

The CLTC designation which is owned by the CLTC Board of Standards, Inc. is not affiliated with or funded by any insurance sales or marketing organization. The quality of the program is evidenced by the granting of continuing education credits by all states as well as established programs such as the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) designations. It has also been approved in those states that have set strict criteria for professional designations."

The Corporation for Long-Term Care Certification, Inc. sponsors the CLTC designation which covers all aspects of long term care planning. In fact, throughout the course the emphasis is on having a plan, not necessarily selling insurance.

The ILIAA is very happy to offer a $300 discount on the classroom training leading to the CLTC designation. We are focused on providing agents with the best possible tools to provide the proper advice to prospects and clients. With the addition of this discount we are continuing thos standards.

If you have any questions, contact Nick Perry at [email protected].

Rick

According to their website the usual discount for the classroom training sessions from corporate sponsors is $200 or $1165, down from $1365. So this $300 discount is obviously a really good deal.

According to this page on their website, some 12,600 have taken the course. Assuming everyone got the standard discount of $1165 they have grossed $14,679,000. Or maybe everyone took the $995 online version would gross only $11,940,000.

It must be a good course for so many to have taken it and for the company to have made so much money.

Have you ever thought you were in the wrong business? When I see the cost of often dubious designations, I sometimes do.

You know the story of the gold miners who came to CA around 1849? I married a woman whose family came to CA around that time. They tried mining for gold. However they made far more money first selling canvas tents, and then selling blue-denim pants to the gold miners.

However, I'm certain that the above parable does not apply here. I'm sure that paying around $1,000 for a two day course and getting the designation will indeed make one a much better LTC agent.

How could it not?

A 2-day course does not make a person an expert. It makes a person show a willingness to learn with the expection that he/she will be able to discuss a subject with at least some knowledge.

Many agents simply go from one product to another (IFP, high net worth life, group, FE, etc) without ever taking the time to actually learn what he/she is doing.

Hands down the CLTC curriculum is the best way I know for an agent to show the committment to becoming a better LTC agent. It's not brain surgery, but there is a great deal that an agent should learn before going into the field to help prospects and clients.

CLTC provides at least monthy webinars on various subjects for their graduates. The learning does not stop at 2 days. At least it doesn't for those of us who strive to be professional.

Rick

Rick,
Good job on the discount.
You couldn't pick a better product to promote than a CLTC designation. The only comment I'll add is if at all possible, take the 2-day classroom course, rather than an online course.

If someone is lucky enough, they'll wind up with Harley Gordon as their instructor as I did. There is no one better in the industry to be in front of for 2 days than Harley. He puts on quite a show.

This course needs to be seen, heard, felt and experienced. It is something that you will remember for as long as you're in the business.

If someone is serious about selling LTCi, the CLTC course is well worth the investment.

"According to their website, some 12,600 have taken the course. Assuming everyone got the standard discount of $1165 they have grossed $14,679,000. Or maybe everyone took the $995 online version would gross only $11,940,000"

I'm not really sure what that has to do with the quality of the course or the importance of the designation, but maybe I'm missing something..................

Last edited:
Back