Opinions needed!!!

1ns 4 l1fe

Im a newby to these forums but have been doing research on this site for about a month. There is so much knowledge here its addicting. Heres my dilema. Just got an offer as a captive agent "starting my own business". Commission only with 75% new biz and 25% on renewals. They said i can work at home (no real overhead?) Is this good? sorry to be so naive but i have only worked in call centers like geico and the hartford selling p&c for hourly + commission. All thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again

Im a newby to these forums but have been doing research on this site for about a month. There is so much knowledge here its addicting. Heres my dilema. Just got an offer as a captive agent "starting my own business". Commission only with 75% new biz and 25% on renewals. They said i can work at home (no real overhead?) Is this good? sorry to be so naive but i have only worked in call centers like geico and the hartford selling p&c for hourly + commission. All thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again

More information is needed. What are you selling? Where are you selling it? How do you get leads? What happens if you walk away? ETC!! Do you get my drift?

going for the 1st interview tommorrow but ill be selling auto/home/life/commercial. he said i can work at home or at the office the rest is fuzzy until i ask him. I believe i have to get my own leads but i will post more when i have it tommorrow. thanks for the feedback

Sounds like a local agent sharing commissions.

If you are not working his book of business for cross sale opportunities and have to produce your own leads...perhaps you may want to consider independence. Lots of established agents do a horrible job of servicing their existing clients and contacting them for new opportunities and cross selling. If he lets you work his book, that can be a great opportunity. Getting a deal like this in writing that gives you any real future protection is difficult at that level.

Back