Up to 27% Major Medical Contracts-Texas Agents

I have Assurant as well as many other companies...

And believe it or not Sti, I place a few Assurant policies every month. And no, not RightStart or SaveRight; never sold either of those.

I'm only offering 20-25% contracts with Assurant anyway... :biggrin:

Assurant in Austin, is my one of my most solid areas for leads that I sell. They have never missed since I started selling leads retail along with wholesale. 1 agent is getting 10 leads a week, gets 7 appts. closes 5 sales every week!

I have Assurant as well as many other companies...

And believe it or not Sti, I place a few Assurant policies every month.

then your not giving them Humana one,aetna,bcbs,or gr rates are you.....this is on a quote I did a couple of weeks ago

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

then your not giving them Humana one,aetna,bcbs,or gr rates are you.....this is on a quote I did a couple of weeks ago

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

It's not a fair comparison with copay plans. Assurant has some regional PPO networks that are great for people who stay within that regional area. Some are even close to Unicare rates.

I'm in West Texas, and there are pockets where Assurant makes sense; especially when there are underwriting issues.

What about amublance and RX caps? What about being able to lock in rates for up to 36 months? You have to look at potential increases as well. What about those close to Medicare? There's not a one size fits all plan...

I write Unicare just like you, and I have a feeling there are more increases to come, Sti; we've both seen it happen in the past...

I'm not saying Assurant is my primary company, because it's not, but there are cases where it makes sense.

It's not a fair comparison with copay plans. Assurant has some regional PPO networks that are great for people who stay within that regional area. Some are even close to Unicare rates.

If I have a family with kids then yes they are going to be happy with co~pay.....even if you do not believe in them....

I'm in West Texas, and there are pockets where Assurant makes sense; especially when there are underwriting issues.

I don't need pocket's.....I work the whole state.....screw them and their carve outs.....I do not dig carve outs....

What about amublance and RX caps? What about being able to lock in rates for up to 36 months? You have to look at potential increases as well. What about those close to Medicare? There's not a one size fits all plan...

yea....thats enough to make me want to pay $500 more a month on my health insurance....

I write Unicare just like you, and I have a feeling there are more increases to come, Sti; we've both seen it happen in the past...

yea but guess what....unicare has had the best rates for 8 years in a row while assurant going back to fortis days is notorious for coming in low and rate the clients off in a year or two..... don't make me post a pic of my old fortis card....

I'm not saying Assurant is my primary company, because it's not, but there are cases where it makes sense.

yea if you have to validate a assurant contract......

Hey Sti,

How do you have things set up so that you can line up all your carriers like that with "apply" links?

They are jpg's I implant to my client's in email form....when we agree on a plan I send them a different email with a link to apply.....

Last edited:
Hey Sti,

How do you have things set up so that you can line up all your carriers like that with "apply" links?

It's nothing more than a comparison quote from E-Health. Not sure I would spend the time, entering the applicants info to get comparsion quotes from E-health, I noticed several premium errors, due to Norvax is slow in updating rates for E-heatlh, Golden Rule's rates are normally wrong now, since the new plan and rate reductions in several areas. Good way to check and see the most competitve carriers, but not accurate most of the time, and not referring to preferred rates. Rates in general

yea if you have to validate a assurant contract......

I don't even feel like offering an answer to any of these.. This wasn't created as a Unicare vs. Assurant thread...

And NO-THIS THREAD IS NOT TO GET PEOPLE TO SIGN AN ASSURANT CONTRACT LIKE I SAID BEFORE SO I DON'T KNOW WHY WE ARE EVEN HAVING THIS DISCUSSION...

Back