Want To Make Money - Focus On One Product

#1 - This sounds more like something people can do on their own without being appointed with Myinsurebiz.

#2 - I think the whole idea targets new agents, and I like the potential it has for newer agents to get into the business and learn the simple sale of insurance until their feet are wet and they have some money to do something more involved.

#3 - I don't really get what makes this a "bad" idea or doesn't sell people. I don't get the impression he's looking for seasoned agents anyway.

#4 - It may not be for veteran agents who make a living in their insurance business already. I know people that would like to be able to put food on the table and make the sacrifices to be able to do that (myself included).

#5 - I could set this up on my own and run three or four agents on the phones with a simple sales script and the thing would automate itself. I can't really understand why someone would think this is a bad idea...

1) Well they can - but the missing ingredient would be me and my marketing mind . . .

2) Mostly new - but old farts welcome too! Just with the old farts - they have bad habits to break and are set in their ways. However - if one could see the light, and understand the power of leverage - then they perhaps would fit in.

3) True That . . .

4) Someone recruiting just one agent a month and then showing those agents how to recruit just one agent a month - could potentially produce over $30k a month in as little as 2 years . . .

5) Yes you could - but why handle all the admin, marketing, etc? Just partner with a group, recruit your peeps and show them how to do it too!

Tom

1) Well they can - but the missing ingredient would be me and my marketing mind . . .

2) Mostly new - but old farts welcome too! Just with the old farts - they have bad habits to break and are set in their ways. However - if one could see the light, and understand the power of leverage - then they perhaps would fit in.

3) True That . . .

4) Someone recruiting just one agent a month and then showing those agents how to recruit just one agent a month - could potentially produce over $30k a month in as little as 2 years . . .

5) Yes you could - but why handle all the admin, marketing, etc? Just partner with a group, recruit your peeps and show them how to do it too!

Tom

Tom,

It's clear you watched Glen Gary Glen Ross a few too many times and you are a used car salesman armed with an insurance license. Armed and dangerous. I just hope you dont hurt too many clients and agents in your maturation process. New agents are gullible and sadly they will fall for your BS and most likely will be disadvantaged by the experience. I weep for the future of my glorious industry now that you have become part of it.

What makes this a "bad" deal for new agents? I hear a lot of vets not being "sold" on it. I'd like to hear WHY this is BAD for a NEW AGENT. That is, after all, where myinsurebiz is actually niching his program. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

This is "the blind leading the blind"...

Tom will be on to the next project by Halloween. This is a dangerous situation for clients and agents he recruits...

Tom, a little advice from a vet with a few gray hairs. I don't really expect you to follow it, but I've got time to kill here -- the wife & kids aren't up yet.

I strongly suspect that, when you look back in two years, you will wish that you had just done the following:

1. Sign on with a good, strong, reputable company like Northwestern Mutual or New York Life.

2. Learn the industry, learn the products inside and out, gain a few scars, understand the big picture. Really get to know the clients and their needs.

3. Utilize what you call your "marketing mind" to build a good, solid business for yourself.

4. Once you're established and experienced, you probably won't have any need to, or interest in, constantly coming up with "new concepts" and pitching them to anyone who will listen.

Two years is a short time, in the grand scheme of things. With your obvious energy, you could make it by doing things the professional and reputable way. In two years, you could easily be on your way towards a rewarding and profitable career.

I couldn't provide an exact percentage, but there's no doubt that this industry includes many, many people who are making it tougher for the rest of us. Worse than that, there are many people whose lives are literally damaged by people in this industry who are putting money over ethics. Can you live with that?

You say you're a marketer and not an insurance salesman. What you need to understand is that we're not selling computers or cell phones or cars here. The products we sell are critical to the well-being of millions. This is not a game, and "marketers" would be better off marketing something else.

Tom, I'm not calling you unethical. But those of us who have been around the block have seen this countless times. It would just be nice to see you succeed in this industry without going down this road.

I've had to clean up many messes, and it's getting old.

Tom, a little advice from a vet with a few gray hairs. I don't really expect you to follow it, but I've got time to kill here -- the wife & kids aren't up yet.

I strongly suspect that, when you look back in two years, you will wish that you had just done the following:

1. Sign on with a good, strong, reputable company like Northwestern Mutual or New York Life.

2. Learn the industry, learn the products inside and out, gain a few scars, understand the big picture. Really get to know the clients and their needs.

3. Utilize what you call your "marketing mind" to build a good, solid business for yourself.

4. Once you're established and experienced, you probably won't have any need to, or interest in, constantly coming up with "new concepts" and pitching them to anyone who will listen.

Two years is a short time, in the grand scheme of things. With your obvious energy, you could make it by doing things the professional and reputable way. In two years, you could easily be on your way towards a rewarding and profitable career.

I couldn't provide an exact percentage, but there's no doubt that this industry includes many, many people who are making it tougher for the rest of us. Worse than that, there are many people whose lives are literally damaged by people in this industry who are putting money over ethics. Can you live with that?

You say you're a marketer and not an insurance salesman. What you need to understand is that we're not selling computers or cell phones or cars here. The products we sell are critical to the well-being of millions. This is not a game, and "marketers" would be better off marketing something else.

Tom, I'm not calling you unethical. But those of us who have been around the block have seen this countless times. It would just be nice to see you succeed in this industry without going down this road.

I've had to clean up many messes, and it's getting old.

Spot on Post

What makes this a "bad" deal for new agents? I hear a lot of vets not being "sold" on it. I'd like to hear WHY this is BAD for a NEW AGENT. That is, after all, where myinsurebiz is actually niching his program. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

The problem is when you have a "new" agent out recruiting other "new" agents and setting it up similar to a multi-level marketing system with no one around who knows what they are doing.

A better quality way to approach it to me would be for the new agent to either hook up with an experienced local agent who will actually train him in exchange for an honest over ride off him for say, 2-years. That would be an ideal way to get in the business.

A 2nd way is to sign on with a captive company with a great manager.

All this "make big money by stacking up agents beneath you" when you have no knowlege, experience or track record of success is just BS. It's also damaging to agents, clients and the insurance profession.

My advice...make money on your OWN sales you generate and once you know what you're doing, become a mentor to new agents.

#1 - I just hope you dont hurt too many clients and agents in your maturation process.

#2 - New agents are gullible and sadly they will fall for your BS and most likely will be disadvantaged by the experience.

1) How can you "hurt" someone by providing a simple issue whole life policy with or without a term rider? Please explain - how providing someone that is looking for burial coverage and perhaps a decent face term rider - bad?

2) Again - we aren't providing stocks and bonds, annuities, etc - just simple issue life. Agents will see it for what it is and join us or not - either way no skin off my back 'eh?

#1 - Tom, a little advice from a vet with a few gray hairs.

#2 - Learn the industry, learn the products inside and out, gain a few scars, understand the big picture. Really get to know the clients and their needs.

#3 - I couldn't provide an exact percentage, but there's no doubt that this industry includes many, many people who are making it tougher for the rest of us. Worse than that, there are many people whose lives are literally damaged by people in this industry who are putting money over ethics. Can you live with that?

#4 - You say you're a marketer and not an insurance salesman. What you need to understand is that we're not selling computers or cell phones or cars here.

#5 - The products we sell are critical to the well-being of millions. This is not a game, and "marketers" would be better off marketing something else.

1) Thanks!

2) No need it all that . . . We are marketing simple issue life insurance. No offense - but it's not rocket science.

3) How does this apply to us? We aren't unethical. We don't put "money over ethics" - we market for a few quality companies that have been around a long, long time . . .

They request a quote on life insurance - we show them our plans - they chose to buy or not to buy - what is so wrong with that? That's right - nothing . . .

4) Actually - selling a computer or a car is harder.

5) The product is simply life insurance. Either a consumer has it or they don't. We make sure they do . . .

Josh and Elephant man - I won't even respond to your same ole chit . . .

Tom

What you are proposing is a one call close operation.

If they are shopping for life insurance, they are probably going to the internet, filling out a form and talking to lots of different agents.

When they talk to a simple issue life agent vs. a professional life insurance agent, it will be a simple decision for the client who to go with.

What you are proposing is a one call close operation.

If they are shopping for life insurance, they are probably going to the internet, filling out a form and talking to lots of different agents.

When they talk to a simple issue life agent vs. a professional life insurance agent, it will be a simple decision for the client who to go with.
You obviously don't understand how Tom markets the coverage. He is looking for unsophisticated prospects he can convince to buy crap.

Rick

Latest posts

Back