Want To Make Money - Focus On One Product

#1 - The problem is when you have a "new" agent out recruiting other "new" agents and setting it up similar to a multi-level marketing system with no one around who knows what they are doing.

#2 - All this "make big money by stacking up agents beneath you" when you have no knowlege, experience or track record of success is just BS. It's also damaging to agents, clients and the insurance profession.

1) We know what we're doing. Simply selling Simple Issue life products to "simple" people . . .

2) No offense - but none of what you said is needed to sell these simple issue products.

The learning curve is short - thus the reason for us picking this particular product line to sell. Experience? That's funny . . . It isn't brain surgery to sell Final Expense. You only need to know that they want it - determine if they can afford it - then write it. Key is they must "want it" . . . No pressure sales here!

LOL @ "damaging" . . . How can a simple agent selling simple insurance to a simple person be damaging? Honestly - you guys make this out to be more than it really is. Now - if you are selling variable annuities - yes - that requires a little more knowledge - thus why you need a securities license - but come on - Final Expense? The hardest part is finding the client . . .

#1 - If they are shopping for life insurance, they are probably going to the internet, filling out a form and talking to lots of different agents.

#2 - When they talk to a simple issue life agent vs. a professional life insurance agent, it will be a simple decision for the client who to go with.

1) We create our own leads - so the majority aren't "shopping" on the net. Our research has shown that 75% of those responding to our lead cards don't even access the net.

2) Think whatever you wish. When a "simple issue" agent prepares a Americo or Shenandoah quote - they utilize the same materials as the so called "professional" agent. Guess what? The quote will come back EXACTLY the same.

We're talking Final Expense and basic Term with ROP - it's not rocket science and the end result in these type cases would ultimatley be the same. Except - the "simple issue" agent is probably a better closer . . .

Tom

1) Thanks!

2) No need it all that . . . We are marketing simple issue life insurance. No offense - but it's not rocket science.

3) How does this apply to us? We aren't unethical. We don't put "money over ethics" - we market for a few quality companies that have been around a long, long time . . .

They request a quote on life insurance - we show them our plans - they chose to buy or not to buy - what is so wrong with that? That's right - nothing . . .

4) Actually - selling a computer or a car is harder.

5) The product is simply life insurance. Either a consumer has it or they don't. We make sure they do . . .

Josh and Elephant man - I won't even respond to your same ole chit . . .

Tom

Scary.

I'm certainly not here to defend anyone else, but let's look at the facts.

There is a population (rather large if we believe organizations like LIMRA and NAIFA) of people out there that has not purchased life insurance. They need and want a simple product to pay for their burial. If this poster thinks he can get simple policies into those people's hands, what's wrong with that? We all know we as a country are underinsured. If he helps people buy some final-expense life insurance what is the harm in that?

Now I don't know this poster's history and I am not going to look it up. I don't care.

I do believe we are all marketers. Sure we need technical knowledge but without marketing ability how do we get our products into people's hands?

Some people don't want to get into the professional market or the business market. They don't need to go to NYL or one of the other biggies.

If this poster has a system that works and he thinks he can help other agent's learn it, where is the harm? Life insurance in general isn't rocket science, and final expense insurance even less so.

I guess I'm of the opinion the best policy is the one in force at someone's death. Should some of these people buying final expense insurance buy more than just final expense insurance? Sure, probably a lot of them. But buying final expense insurance rather than no insurance at all is a good thing.

An astute poster - finally . . .

#1 - There is a population (rather large if we believe organizations like LIMRA and NAIFA) of people out there that has not purchased life insurance. They need and want a simple product to pay for their burial.

#2 - We all know we as a country are underinsured. If he helps people buy some final-expense life insurance what is the harm in that?

#3 - I do believe we are all marketers. Sure we need technical knowledge but without marketing ability how do we get our products into people's hands?

#4 - If this poster has a system that works and he thinks he can help other agent's learn it, where is the harm?

#5 - Life insurance in general isn't rocket science, and final expense insurance even less so.

#6 - I guess I'm of the opinion the best policy is the one in force at someone's death.

#7 - Should some of these people buying final expense insurance buy more than just final expense insurance? Sure, probably a lot of them. But buying final expense insurance rather than no insurance at all is a good thing.

Dude - first of all - I couldn't have said it better myself. You Bob - actually get the "simplicity" that insurance is supposed to be. Bravo!

1) Yes - they do. To the tune of about 50 a week. We haven't even got our TeleSales going yet . . . This production is belly 2 belly . . .

2) Agreed! They want it - they need it - they buy it!

3) True That! The traditional agents aren't "getting it into clients hands" - that's why the door is open to marketers. The super sized commissions don't hurt either . . . .

4) There isn't any. they just don't grasp the distribution model.

5) Ha! I couldn't have said it better myself. Wait - I have dozens of times . . .

6) Wow - ingenious! I'll use this in my presentation - thanks Bob!

7) Once the relationship is made - all things are possible. Reminds me of God - to me - it's not a religion - but rather a relationship . . .

Thanks for the warm post Bob!

Tom

The point has already been made, but I'll make it again.

Those of us who have been in the industry a while have seen a million "new systems" come and go. And virtually all of them offer "super sized commissions" to attract new, inexperienced agents.

Those new, inexperienced agents then go out and cram people (in this case, senior citizens, good God) into plans that may or may not be in their best interests. It's not about how the policy fits the overall needs and goals of the prospect. It's not about whether they can really afford it. It's not even about whether an 80-year old widow really understands what she's getting into when she signs on the dotted line.

To a new and inexperienced agent, it's about "how big a premium check I can walk away with", and how much of that "super sized commission" I can get. Meanwhile, the folks running the "new system" swear that they're "training" their reps to practice the "highest in ethics".

Then, sometime later (after those agents have sold a few policies, starved, then moved on to the next "new system"), foolish, silly, old-fashioned people like me (who prefer to look at a client's long-term big picture) have to clean up the mess. Or at least try to. But don't worry about that, because that "super sized commission" made a few used Chevrolet payments, right?

I wish selling Final Expense could be tougher than selling cars or computers. We wouldn't have to deal with so many "new systems". All these new and inexperienced reps who should have signed up with an insurer who could provide proper training would be selling something more appropriate, like, say, car stereos. And the industry wouldn't have the reputation it has.

Best wishes, though. I do hope you'll be an exception.

Last edited:
On a whim I went to the web page entered information and got the following email back; if someone here could tell me what in the world this has to do with insurance......

Reuben,

I want to thank you for taking the time to look into the Amazing Garage Floors opportunity.

We work hard to back up our dealers to provide the BEST tools for their success.

Please read through the attached .PDF file and give me a call if you have any questions.

Please call my Cell phone at 712-371-3555

Or Email me at [email protected]

Please Visit our VIDEO Intro at http://amazinggaragefloors.com/Dealer_Info.html

We also have a Dealers Area on our Website

http://dealerships.amazinggaragefloors.com

Thank You for your Time and Interest

Troy Bengford
Manager,
ArmorTech Flooring Systems, LLC

Wrong website . . .

We are in the process of putting together our website.

Tom

Latest posts

Back