Alternative to Examfx Since Testeachers is No More?

allstock

Was wondering if any of you had some good experience with any online courses similar to the Testeachers format. I've used them for my L+H and some series exams and found them extremely efficient. Examfx isn't cutting it for reasons I can't disclose since my previous post didn't make it past the moderator...not surprised. I'm looking to take another series exam. Thanks

My understanding was that a lot of the TT videos were going to be incorporated into the ExamFX program. I agree with you that TT always had a better video series, but I feel that ExamFX had a better simulator. I just don't know to what extent that the TT videos are being used in the ExamFX program.

Was wondering if any of you had some good experience with any online courses similar to the Testeachers format. I've used them for my L+H and some series exams and found them extremely efficient. Examfx isn't cutting it for reasons I can't disclose since my previous post didn't make it past the moderator...not surprised. I'm looking to take another series exam. Thanks

Do tell. I'd like to know...I've used TT previously and was happy with them. If they ain't cutting it now (as examFx) you should certainly be allowed to voice your experience with them.

I am currently using "PreLicense - A service of WebCE" for my insurance license (health, life, LTC, P&C). I've completed three courses, currently working on P&C and have had no issues with their service. I have not used any other providers so I have nothing to compare to though.

If you decide to go with them, I would not pay additional for their "coach" as this was not helpful at all for me. The coach sent a daily email and called every few days and said the same thing - "I see your working diligently on your course, continue to work on your progress and let me know if I can help."

I am currently using "PreLicense - A service of WebCE" for my insurance license (health, life, LTC, P&C). I've completed three courses, currently working on P&C and have had no issues with their service. I have not used any other providers so I have nothing to compare to though.

If you decide to go with them, I would not pay additional for their "coach" as this was not helpful at all for me. The coach sent a daily email and called every few days and said the same thing - "I see your working diligently on your course, continue to work on your progress and let me know if I can help."

The op was inquiring on training for securities testing. The old TT had some great video training which apparently is not the same since the merger.

Have been busy haven't been able to get back guys.

The videos that were included in the same series prep with TT are no where to be found that I've seen on the examfx platform. Instead they have short videos of Suzie Rhodes, the main instructor, generically reading off a script pertaining course material. There is no touch screen white board or explanations given. This is one area that they definitely shined. They anticipated which subjects were going to take a bit more granularity and simulated an interaction in the videos very well. Now Examfx just includes cut and dry explanational videos with some diagrams.

To explain where I'm coming from with this, I have my LH plus series 3,6,7 and 63. I've taken a couple as recently as the calendar year and prepped with Testeachers. After taking a few series exams of your own you'll see a trend in what is being tested and can anticipate what is going to be asked. What TT did so well was cut the shitt out and made a streamlined approach of concentrating on the fundamentals of these exams - meaning the bulk of the material tested. Once you learned the concepts it was just drilling question after question to make sure you understand those concepts.

- For those of you that have not take any securities exams I'll tell you that's pretty much all it is. You're not learning to become an agent/rep you're learning to pass the test. They do take a lot of time on Rules and regs. The rest of your career is practical knowledge which you learn on the job depending on the scope of your duty in the industry.

Testeachers was very ergonomic, easy and a little fun with their testing format. To be honest I did' at first, think it was a little hokey. They just did everything right and if you honestly followed their program you would've passed. Another huge factor in taking exams was their website was incorporated with a mobile version. If you are already in practice and have a complete schedule this was a major plus.

With examfx's securities course the structure seems convoluted and choppy. The on topic testing is surprising inconsistent. I'm seeing questions that don't reveal what they are asking in either the question or the explanation. A question regarding ETF (exchange traded funds) was asking the properties of which neither the question nor the explanation revealed whether it was pertaining to the primary market (initial offering) or the secondary (the exchange). The only way I figured it out was the correct answer. Problem was the answers choices included properties of both the primary and secondary mkt??? Another was a question regarding Direct participation programs. It was asking about a certain type and its attributes. Then in the explanation the DPP wasn't even explained it just had the name of the security included in an almost irrelevant explanation.

There are too many questions that aren't going to be asked on the exam. It doesn't seem like they put in a lot of preparation. I don't know how their Life and Health course is, but it's disconcerting to see this kind of thing again and again while I'm trying to prepare. Once you start a test you can't stop and comeback. If you pause and the web session expires you have to start over again. I think they also purposefully prevent you from clicking back a page; don't think this is necessary - especially on the topic practice questions.

Their customer service is lacking I found. I called several days for two weeks holding up to fifteen and twenty minutes with no answer. Their "mailbox" was always full. Only one of my emails were answered. When I finally got through I had to help them correct their website since some the directs would take you to a wrong page or you'd get a 404 error...seriously.

I don't mind getting questions wrong and that is how I learn. There are too many inconsistencies that give off an aura that their securities course wasn't refined and NO MOBILE version of the website. That point to me that is piss poor.

I don't want this to be a bash on the the company. However I'd hesitate to recommend this to someone just getting into the securities business. If you want to make someone nervous as hell before a test like the 7 you tell them to study with kaplan, STC and passperfect...are they even still around? I felt so jipped after over studying when the yellow "For Dummies" guide was everything the test covered. Time is precious to me and it just makes things more challenging to study with examfx at this point. Although it is the simplest of choices that I know of right now.

Not sure how things went down with the merger. I don't even know if you can call it that since I don't see any resemblance of TT anymore. They were definitely a great prep course. Studying midway and getting stuck between this was bad timing.

After being censored two times on this thread. I will just say that there are too many questions that aren't going to be asked. Examfx strays away from the fundamentals of the exam. The interface and website as a whole is convoluted. And it seems it was put together in haste.

In regards to it having any resemblance to Teasteachers, there is none. It is inexpensive and in my experience a poor performer. I don't recommend a securities newbie to take their courses. You may get by if you have prior series 6 or 7 knowledge under your belt.

Their customer service is non existent.

They've been saying this for a while now. They need a total overhaul or better yet, leave it the way it was is what they need to do. I'm seeing so much conflicting, incorrect information.

Last edited:
I have to agree that their exam simulator has questions in it that need to go away. I always find myself telling my class to ignore the answer that ExamFX said was correct and go with the information I give you, because that is how it will be on the test.
I am going to try and work with them to correct some of the information in the future...we'll see how that goes.

Back