Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?

Bod

Expert
Here is what my state says I need to do to apply for my license

> After successfully completing the examination, applicants must complete an online application at Sircon or NIPR or download a paper application from the Mississippi Insurance Department website.

Two questions

1. Does it matter if I complete my online application at either NIPR or Sircon? It's my understanding that NIPR is where people go to get nonresident licenses, so maybe that's the preferred option?
2. I know it takes some time to process the license. My exam will be on April 8. I'm confident I will pass. Does it make any sense to apply for the license now, before I take my exam, so I get the license sooner?

Here is what my state says I need to do to apply for my license

> After successfully completing the examination, applicants must complete an online application at Sircon or NIPR or download a paper application from the Mississippi Insurance Department website.

Two questions

1. Does it matter if I complete my online application at either NIPR or Sircon? It's my understanding that NIPR is where people go to get nonresident licenses, so maybe that's the preferred option?
2. I know it takes some time to process the license. My exam will be on April 8. I'm confident I will pass. Does it make any sense to apply for the license now, before I take my exam, so I get the license sooner?

I wouldn't think you could get your license before you pass your test.:laugh:

Haha. I know I won't get it before I pass the exam, but I was thinking there may be some sort of bureaucratic limbo period my application may have to crawl through before they even check my exam scores?

Or maybe they ask for my exam scores upfront in the license application? In which case, my question is moot.

Haha. I know I won't get it before I pass the exam, but I was thinking there may be some sort of bureaucratic limbo period my application may have to crawl through before they even check my exam scores?

Or maybe they ask for my exam scores upfront in the license application? In which case, my question is moot.

They'll want your license # and might even want you to upload a copy of your license.

I don't think there's any way to speed up the government, they're too busy taking a break.:yes:

Sircon is relatively easy. Obviously you'll need to pass your exam, and in most states you'll need to provide certificate of education, submit fingerprints,provide affidavit of citizenship, provide valid ID (make sure names match on documents), and upload certificate of passing state exam, and of course pay application fee. You can often scan and upload documents online for the quickest turnaround. Best of luck!

I realize that the OP has gotten it all sorted out by now, but for any other folks who might run across this thread seeking similar advice, I suggest registering for NIPR, because registration is free. The mobile app is okay, but the website is where you need to login. Then navigate to your state's application requirements, and it will tell you the steps, the timeframes and the costs involved. For my state, the application process begins with the initial submission, and remains open for up to six months, or until you complete and submit all licensing requirements. So in other words, you will have six months from the date you submit the initial application to complete the requirements, submit the necessary documents, and pay all the fees.

Back