Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum

Reply to Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?     
Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Bod
Expert

State: Bod is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR? Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?
Here is what my state says I need to do to apply for my license

> After successfully completing the examination, applicants must complete an online application at Sircon or NIPR or download a paper application from the Mississippi Insurance Department website.

Two questions

1. Does it matter if I complete my online application at either NIPR or Sircon? It's my understanding that NIPR is where people go to get nonresident licenses, so maybe that's the preferred option?
2. I know it takes some time to process the license. My exam will be on April 8. I'm confident I will pass. Does it make any sense to apply for the license now, before I take my exam, so I get the license sooner?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?

Old 03-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Guru
goillini52 on Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR? Re: Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?
Originally Posted by Bod View Post
Here is what my state says I need to do to apply for my license

> After successfully completing the examination, applicants must complete an online application at Sircon or NIPR or download a paper application from the Mississippi Insurance Department website.

Two questions

1. Does it matter if I complete my online application at either NIPR or Sircon? It's my understanding that NIPR is where people go to get nonresident licenses, so maybe that's the preferred option?
2. I know it takes some time to process the license. My exam will be on April 8. I'm confident I will pass. Does it make any sense to apply for the license now, before I take my exam, so I get the license sooner?

I wouldn't think you could get your license before you pass your test.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Bod
Expert

State: Bod is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR? Re: Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR? Bod is the thread starter for: Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?

Haha. I know I won't get it before I pass the exam, but I was thinking there may be some sort of bureaucratic limbo period my application may have to crawl through before they even check my exam scores?

Or maybe they ask for my exam scores upfront in the license application? In which case, my question is moot.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #4
Guru
goillini52 on Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR? Re: Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR?
Originally Posted by Bod View Post
Haha. I know I won't get it before I pass the exam, but I was thinking there may be some sort of bureaucratic limbo period my application may have to crawl through before they even check my exam scores?

Or maybe they ask for my exam scores upfront in the license application? In which case, my question is moot.

They'll want your license # and might even want you to upload a copy of your license.

I don't think there's any way to speed up the government, they're too busy taking a break.

http://seniormarketdesign.com/

1,000 piece DM drop with any combination of 12 issued Med Supp/FE policies
Street Comp, Nat'l CSG, Open Releases...tell 'em goillini52 sent you
Old 05-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #5

State: GeorgeInGA is an Insurance Agent from
Sircon is relatively easy. Obviously you'll need to pass your exam, and in most states you'll need to provide certificate of education, submit fingerprints,provide affidavit of citizenship, provide valid ID (make sure names match on documents), and upload certificate of passing state exam, and of course pay application fee. You can often scan and upload documents online for the quickest turnaround. Best of luck!
Reply to Applying for my License. Sircon or NIPR? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum