Applying for P&C License, Criminal Background

I ran a background check on myself. Its a little hard to understand but it does show 3 arrests for dui and one for driving under suspension. It says I was arrested, but that's not true. I was coming home from work and they stopped me. The officer knew who I was and gave me a ticket. He said all I had to do was pay it and show that I worked that night and it wouldnt go on my record. I paid the ticket and showed my time stamp, but unfortunetly he lied and it did show up. I am currently working with the judge in the county to get it off my record. Is that one of the things that I need to reveal to the TDI? I mean is it a traffic violation or something that I need to send documentation on.
I ask these questions so I know exactly what I need to disclose. I will not hide anything. I have thought about writing a letter along with the application explaining what was going on in my life at the time as well as divulging the information about the suicide attempt. Meaning I was not in the same state of mind that I am in now. I sought help.
I also was wondering if i can call tdi and ask if they would look over a personal background check or be able to just ask questions on what I need to focus on and what I dont need paperwork on, before I actually officially send in my app. Im sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate the answers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry the dus is in regard to the deferred adjudification. I did got to jail in the beginning for all offenses, not the dus.

Last edited:
You should be honest when submitting your application. They will take your fingerprint anyway and find any background problems you may have. If you are honest, it will only take longer to get your license. You will need to submit paperwork from the courts showing you have complied with all sentencing.
There are certain offenses that automatically disqualify you, such as theft, fraud, that kind of stuff. Not drunk driving. But they will want to know that you have changed your behavior and your license will be suspended if you have any future arrests. Good luck.

Back