Applying for P&C License, Criminal Background

bsbeno

I recently passed my license test, but upon reading the application to get my license it asks about any criminal history. I live in Texas. I had two deferred dui sentences in oklahoma, and 1 misdemeanor dui offense in texas. Long story and Im sure the TDI will not care. Just need to know if I should even try sending it off. Please help

Thanks Jackholes for not listening. I said when I was younger I had a drinking problem. I am in AA after an attempt at suicide. And that didnt answer the question. All I wanted to know is would it be a lost cause to send in the application. I know they are considered an issue with moral turpitude. I see applications get denied all the time. Just wanted to know if there were cases that are considered.

Nobody on this forum can answer this question. You are not the first or last multiple DUI case the Texas DOI will look at this week, my guess is that it will not be a major issue but you will have to provide details if you have not already. It isn't a deal killer like fraud, theft by deception, arson, etc.

Thanks Bert for your response. I didnt want to embarrass the company I work for by sending in an application and it automatically get denied. And yes they know about my history.

as long as you disclose them.....you should be alright.....you may have to jump thru some more hoops.....if any were a felony you will have to apply for a waiver...when you apply to companies.....thet only go back 7 to 10 years for a criminal back ground......

Agree with Bert. Don't think a misdemeanor will stop you. Just be honest and don't try to hide it. I think the only thing that will stop you in your tracks is a felony.

You might as well try it and see. BTW, you didn't mention it was when you were younger, but I'm glad you're doing better now.

Good luck!

You will need to do digital fingerprints. Prometric.com. You will need to send in ALL documentation regarding any arrests or convictions with your license application.

While I can't say it will be approved or declined, Texas is much easier than most states as we consider a variety of background recognizing people change.

Would I hire someone and pay the license fees with that background? Yes provided you had all paperwork and your story checked out. No worries.

Don't lose sleep over it...

Back