Career Switch and Residence?

G

Greetings all,

I am currently living in Kingwood, TX, working in cancer research at MD Anderson. I am contemplating a career switch, but have not fully committed as I still have two kids at home to provide for (ages 13 & 16). Our family moved here a year ago from the Puget Sound region in WA. I would really like to move back as we are really(!) not liking it here, but also am worried about jeopardizing providing for family.

At any rate, in considering preparing for insurance exams (P&C and H&L seems to be the first stepping stone), should I prepare for the Texas exams or consider taking the Washington exams if that is where I would like to relocate. My hunch is to take the exam where I am a resident and deal with a move later. Thanks for your time and input.

Tim

I say if you want to get the license(s) go ahead and get them. In many cases you can transfer your resident license when you move by just filling out the paperwork and paying a fee.

That being said you should check and see if the license(s) will transfer without a new test. Just as a side note once you get the Texas license you can get a nonresident license for WA and if you already have potential clients in WA you can hit the ground running. I'm sure someone from the forum will contact you..Just make sure you can get emails if you want contacts..

Back