Changing Resident States

eagles12

Expert
I am considering changing my resident states. In talking to my resident state OIC, I've been told I have to terminate my present license and apply for a residence license with the other state. The resident state gives me 30 days to do this AND turn around and apply for my non-resident license. My concern is I may not be paid renewals in my former resident state for that month.
Has anyone done this before on the forum? How seamless is the process? Do I have to get fingerprinted and have another background check? I've been an agent for 20-years with no complaints filed against me. Thanks.

As long as you get an all clear from your current state it's usually pretty seamless.

Most of the time (especially with life insurance) you only need a license when you sell the policy to get the renewals. Did the carrier tell you that you would lose a month of renewals or is it just something you thought about?

These are Medicare Advantage healthcare renewals. And it's important that they're not interrupted. Should I speak with the companies involved? Thanks

Latest posts

Back