Exam Self-study

rugerdooger

Expert
Can anyone recommend a good self study program for the Michigan health and life exam. They all look to be in the same price range so the cost isn't really an issue. Thanks

In Michigan, you have to attend a class before you can sit for the exam. I would recommend Kaplan Financial. I don't know if you live in the Metro-Detroit area, but Kaplan offers classes in Southfield.

If I remember correctly, the Life and Health class is five days long. Again, you have to attend the class before you can take the test. Thus, no self study is allowed in Michigan.

Good luck and if you have any questions, let me know.

Self study is now allowed in Michigan. Kaplan is one of them I am considering for the self study course. Years ago I signed on with that "duck" company to sell supplemental insurance and I think it was a Kaplan class I took. Very professional and well run. My license lapsed many years ago though and I need to start over from scratch now. I can't do the week long class now due to my job so self study is my only choice.

I would recommend attending the classes if at all possible. However, if you choose to do the self study you should buy the Test CD-ROM that Kaplan sells. After you have studied, you can use the CD-ROM to practice. It simulates the test and was very helpful to me. When you go to take the test make sure you are well rested. Be confident and read the questions very carefully / slowly. Good Luck!

Back