ExamFX

RichJ

Expert
Just looking for opinions on ExamFX.

I have a company interested in bringing me on board and provided a discount code for ExamFX and Prelicense.com. I'm leaning ExamFX.

Interested in any opinions on it before I jump in.

Thanks

** edited to add **

I did do a forum search, however alot of what I found was 2+ years old. Looking for anything more recent.

Last edited:
I just finished with them in late 2012, as a way to learn, I thought it was not too bad. The company I went with got me a discounted price of around $50. There were times I could not access the site but when I got on it was ok. They kept changing the way they asked the questions, which I hated at first but in the bigger picture I was glad they did. It makes you look at the questions a little harder. I never passed the 80% guarantee test (if you fail the state you get a refund) but passed the state exam with 74% on the first attempt. As long as you keep testing up to the time you take the state test you should pass, it tailors the future quizzes from your history. Good luck.

I ordered their study materials in 2011 and passed both the L&H and P&C exams on my first attempt with an 84 on both. Overall, I would say that if you can consistently score an 80 or higher on the practice exams you should be good.

I ordered the ExamFX combo L&H booklet to study at home. The book sat around untouched for months when I was hired to work a temporary health insurance project. The company promised to pay for pre-licensing classes, the exam and licensing fees. Coincidently the program they used was also ExamFX. Everything was online, even the book and the quizzes and things like flash cards were great. I passed on my first try (in the 80s). I then settled in to study for the Life exam on my own at home from the book that had been lying around. It wasn't the same. The online course was much better and I missed the flash cards. I did pass my life exam just one point shy of my health exam score but still in the 80s. I believe there were 3 options to choose from ranging in price, the book that I had, the online course that I took in a classroom setting, and then another option, which was the most expensive.

I would recommend the ExamFX online course. You don't have to be in a classroom to take it but the hiring agency wanted us in class so they could monitor our progress as we only had a week and a few days to get our license. I never studied so hard in my life. It was worth it though. There was a great sense of accomplishment when I finally got up the nerve to press the final key at the end of the exam and saw the word, PASSED.:)

Latest posts

Back