FL 2-20 P&C Exam

Just to let everyone know I found the info on this, albeit old, thread rather useful, thank you. I passed my FL 2-20 yesterday after about a month of studying.

I primarily used the main FAIA book, workbook and an Andy Beverly packet. I learn best by reading and writing a synopsis. When through about 4 yellow legal pads! After I felt I had a grasp on the majority of the material I then purchased the test simulator on the Andy Beverly site as well as the test simulator on the Insurance-Schools site and felt they really prepared me for the test. Scored higher on the actual test than the practice tests leading me to believe they are harder.

Focus on the main concepts and be familiar with all vocab words. If you see a term/word you do not know look it up, write it down. Spend more time on larger chapters (their weight on the test is indicated in the FAIA book by %) such as HO and CGL, Com Auto, PAP and at least familiarize yourself with the smaller chapters i.e. Bonds, Crime, etc. Stay positive and take your time!

sorry to bump this old post, but taking my test on the 2nd of Dec, and kinda nervous. Whats the best recommendation for passing guys? Any free practice test out there??

No... Andy Beverly's stuff I found mostly pointless. They would focus on things that had 0-1 questions on the exam.

By the Kaplan Test Bank. Do that 6x and you'll be fine.

Hi all, just came across this thread as I was searching on info about getting the 2-20 license. I am looking at either doing an online course through Central Insurance School OR Andy Beverly - any input? Super nervous as I am not in the insurance field and have not been in school in quite a few years.

I used AD Bankers online pre-license course. I haven't been in a studying mode in years. I was able to pass the state exam last month.

Do you know where said flash cards can be purchased?

That's a pretty good idea. It stinks that they only tell you the category of the ones you missed though and not list the actual questions that you got wrong. I feel like the ones I missed were the double negative questions that are always worded confusingly.
Did you find out about the flashcards?

Just to let everyone know I found the info on this, albeit old, thread rather useful, thank you. I passed my FL 2-20 yesterday after about a month of studying.

I primarily used the main FAIA book, workbook and an Andy Beverly packet. I learn best by reading and writing a synopsis. When through about 4 yellow legal pads! After I felt I had a grasp on the majority of the material I then purchased the test simulator on the Andy Beverly site as well as the test simulator on the Insurance-Schools site and felt they really prepared me for the test. Scored higher on the actual test than the practice tests leading me to believe they are harder.

Focus on the main concepts and be familiar with all vocab words. If you see a term/word you do not know look it up, write it down. Spend more time on larger chapters (their weight on the test is indicated in the FAIA book by %) such as HO and CGL, Com Auto, PAP and at least familiarize yourself with the smaller chapters i.e. Bonds, Crime, etc. Stay positive and take your time!

Did you find the workbook helpful? Also did you any flashcards?

Hello Everyone,

Hope you're all are well and blessed. I just started to take my 2-20 online and just wanted to see if anyone can help with some notes. I also purchased the falsh cards for 3 months, at the moment just need some help, I know that when you take the class they give extra material and I was wondering would anyone would be so kind to share it with me. I'm currently living in the Miami area and after would like to work under someone to aquire the experience. Please reach out. :-)

Back