FL 2-20 P&C Exam

Just found this forum recently and I would like to ask anyone if they have information on a good way to pass the Florida 2-20 P&C exam? I've taken an online course and did pretty well but when I've taken the live exam twice so far and bombed pretty bad.

I know everyone learns differently but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what they did to pass it? Is there a live exam prep course anyone could suggest in the Orlando area?
-Thanks in advance

I took my course in 2003 at Valencia college there in Orlando. But I bought flash cards to study from someone and memorized them and they were the state exam, aced it on first try.

My experience with this exam, was horrible, loaded with stress. I flew through the online course, passed with A's, and then just bombed the state exam.

In order to pass, this is what I did:

Take your exam and look at the category results (from both). See what areas you are the weakest in. For me....I was the weakest in HO. Don't know why...but was. (Today, I write HO the most!) :D

Then take the questions from your class, and simply deep read on the topic of those subjects in those questions from your book. Make notes on them, etc. Practically memorize all the lines.

You can do it. No signups with practice exams are required. It is just thorough knowledge. That is it.

I stress......EVERYTHING is in your Book. Good luck!

bluediamond said:
I took my course in 2003 at Valencia college there in Orlando. But I bought flash cards to study from someone and memorized them and they were the state exam, aced it on first try.
Do you know where said flash cards can be purchased?

ggbh said:
Take your exam and look at the category results (from both). See what areas you are the weakest in.
That's a pretty good idea. It stinks that they only tell you the category of the ones you missed though and not list the actual questions that you got wrong. I feel like the ones I missed were the double negative questions that are always worded confusingly.

That's a pretty good idea. It stinks that they only tell you the category of the ones you missed though and not list the actual questions that you got wrong. I feel like the ones I missed were the double negative questions that are always worded confusingly.

Yes, those questions do 'feel' like a double negative. But, believe it or not it is the straight up answer. Your head is just blown up right now & you are focusing on what you learned from the class. You need to flip it backward, and focus on the Book.

For instance, in the class the questions were pretty basic. Such as in distinguishing between coverage A-G on Farms. One would learn that A refers to dwellings, or C is household private property, etc. We really weren't asked on the 'details of each coverage.'

On the State test, I had one on Farm Coverage that the answer was silos "REFERING to Coverage G." You truly have to know by the back of your hand what each coverage from A-G refers to and ALL the ITEMS they refer to.

They will pick out that 1 word, in that 1 paragraph & ask you backwards: Silos are covered under Farm Coverage Part what? And they do this type of questioning on EVERYTHING.

They do this with the Bonds, the Mechanical, the HOs, PIP, etc. You have to re-train your mind from the class.

Also, here is another point to learn on how to study: You must 'understand' parts of the book 'together.' Just because a farmer buys insurance for his farm with a Special Form (all perils), doesn't mean he's covered by earthquakes. He must purchase that separately.

When you set your mind to that, and focus on the weak parts of the test, then you will pass with ease.

What I did was make a chart of each type of insurance, and hung them up. I broke everything down in categories & had comparisons of each. I use the SAME CHART - hanging on my wall today - when I'm talking to a client on the phone. It is still useful, until I get YEARS under my belt - like some of these guys here.

As I have said....IT IS ALL in your book. Questions are just more in detail. Read ALL LINES, every fact is important. Make charts of each type of insurance. Know each - every coverage, and what they include.

These charts took me over 1 week to make, and another week to really study.

Make sure you know ALL exclusions! Sq. footages. The Forms (Builder Risks). Understand all Cancellations for EACH type of policy (make a chart on this). Forget the class.

To be honest, you will be much better in the end, then just 'trying to pass the test.' I'm very strong today when shopping for insurance policies for my customers.

Good Luck.

PS. By the way. Relax, and just take my advice on this test. I thought once I passed it, I would be able to sell things right away. That is not true with P&C. You have around 1 year to really get things going. (If you go captive about 2 months to see any type of commissions). And to be honest, we are only using the P&C to get customers. In the Health, there is more money. We have both licenses. With the Health, we have about 7 yearly tests every September.

Getting ready to take the 2-20 P&C Exam in Florida. Being that the last post was in 2012 has there been any updates to practice exams or any apps to download to help prepare for the exam.....any info will help

Thanks

Getting ready to take the 2-20 P&C Exam in Florida. Being that the last post was in 2012 has there been any updates to practice exams or any apps to download to help prepare for the exam.....any info will help

Thanks

Gold Coast has a cram course. Where in Florida are you and are you currently working in the industry?

I'm in Tampa and not working in the industry yet. Just sent in my application, now doing my finger prints tomorrow. How hard is the exam and how many questions?

I'm in Tampa and not working in the industry yet. Just sent in my application, now doing my finger prints tomorrow. How hard is the exam and how many questions?

If you study it is isn't so bad. I remember about 120-150 questions. It has been almost 10 years ago. Wen you pass let me know at [email protected] and I will reach out to some friends in the Tampa area to get you a job.

What online 200 hour 2-20 pre-license course would anyone recommend? I am really having a problem finding any feedback on any online courses available in Florida. I tried one and it was horribly written...thank goodness I was able to get a refund. I don't want to make the same mistake. Has anyone heard about the Andy Beverly Online Course? Or any others? Thanks!

Back