Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum

Reply to Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?     
Old 11-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
Expert
DeadSlash on Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?

State: DeadSlash is an Insurance Agent from
Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?
In the spring when we go national, I cannot be in every state we operate in at once, so I look for local instructors. Has anyone utilized this site for a similar purpose? Currently we run programs in PA, NC, TX, AZ, NV, CO and possibly adding more.

I see several posts for people looking for students, I don't see any looking for local instructors.
------------------------------------

Last edited by DeadSlash; 11-29-2016 at 09:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote to Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?

Old 11-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
Guru

State: thomasm is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
thomasm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? re: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?
Refer your new recruits one of the many exam prep sites.

Prelicense dot com or ExamFX will do.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #3
Expert

Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? re: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? DeadSlash is the thread starter for: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?

Originally Posted by thomasm View Post
Refer your new recruits one of the many exam prep sites.

Prelicense dot com or ExamFX will do.
Thanks for the reply. I was kind of hesitant to post here again seeing how another thread I was following went off the rails.

We are a prep school. It's one of the divisions of the staffing company I work for. We have instructors for all locations, but one of my goals is making it so I don't have to travel all summer. As it is now, we will have an instructor secured for 6 of 10 weeks in Dallas for example, and I'll go out and work that month in Dallas.

Because we are expanding, my time on the road is getting greater, this summer I was home random weekends for 12 days from 6/26 to 9/22. Trying hard not to do that again.

Your suggestion is a good one though, we often turn to local schools in a pinch and it is our default. I'm trying to build a network of local independent instructors to avoid using the schools though.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Super Genius

State: Mike Siegal is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? Re: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?
Are you doing a pre-licensing site?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #5
Expert

Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? Re: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? DeadSlash is the thread starter for: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?

Originally Posted by Mike Siegal View Post
Yes, we will be doing several. The classroom, supplies, support staff and students are all supplied. People just show up and teach. Before taking a perm position as Director of the program, I consulted in this capacity. It's a pretty sweet gig.

PA (Is pretty well covered.)
NC (Not clear on the city yet, just adding this site.)
TX, Grapevine
AZ, Phoenix
NV, Reno
CO, Denver

In a nut shell without getting overly complex, I direct the program, and while I live in PA, I go wherever we cannot find an instructor. I'd like to fill in as many spots as possible and not repeat this year where I spent from June 29th to mid September on the road.

----------

Originally Posted by Mike Siegal View Post
Yes, we will be doing several. The classroom, supplies, support staff and students are all supplied. People just show up and teach. Before taking a perm position as Director of the program, I consulted in this capacity. It's a pretty sweet gig.

PA (Is pretty well covered.)
NC (Not clear on the city yet, just adding this site.)
TX, Grapevine
AZ, Phoenix
NV, Reno
CO, Denver

In a nut shell without getting overly complex, I direct the program, and while I live in PA, I go wherever we cannot find an instructor. I'd like to fill in as many spots as possible and not repeat this year where I spent from June 29th to mid September on the road.

These are physical locations, not sites as in a website. (If that is what you were asking)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #6
Super Genius
agent2011 on Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?

State: agent2011 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? Re: Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ?
I own a pre-licensing school in Dallas. I also have locations in Houston and Austin. I have the ability to travel very inexpensively, so also do a lot of onsite trainings in other cities. Let me know if there might be any synergy between our 2 companies.

Start Your Own Insurance School
Reply to Is this a Good Site to HIRE Instructors ? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum