Great News ! I passed the final Insurance Exam

I passed my final exam that I need, Wisconsin Property, last Saturday. I had my final interview with the company I'm trying to get hired by and I'll know by the end of the week if I got the position. Quick question, let's say I don't get the job, is it possible to produce insurance without being hired on with a company?? I know since I'm licensed, I can sell insurance, is there a way to be in business and take care of my friends and family on my own???

Re: Great News!

You've got a few factors to this:

1. If your getting "Hired" with a salary, leads etc. then you will more than likely be captive to that carrier/agency meaning you can not write biz outside the company.
2. You can "write" biz now that you are licensed but you will need to get appointed first to rep for that particular carrier. This has varying levels of difficulty depending on what you are selling health/life/p&c/etc so you don't have to neccesarily be hired. For example: I have an agent who runs a group health biz. He has a couple carriers contracted through us. We talk occasionally and he submits biz occasionally.

So you can have that type of relationship but again to the 1st point depends on who your working for in your main line their

Congrats on getting licensed

Back