Help! I Need to Take the Hawaii P&C License Exam in a Few Weeks

G

. . . and then a few weeks after that, the Hawaii L&H exam ...

I've read several invaluable threads on this site regarding prep for license exams in other states. I realize that much of that advice will be pertinent to my situation. Has anybody experienced the Hawaii exam? It's administered by Pearson-Vue. Thanks!

Re: Help! I Need to Take the Hawaii P&C License Exam in a Few Wee

Hello insurance folks,
It appears that of the 100 viewers of my posting, no one has taken the Hawaii license exams. I'll just have to extract what I can from other similar threads.
As for arnguy, ye of 5,500 posts spanning some four years, thanks for the humorous reply, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Mahalo.

Hi guys,

I've found out that Pearson-Vue swallowed up Promissor a few years back, so the exams I'll be taking are likely Promissor-developed exams, given at a Pearson-Vue testing center. If you have run into either Promissor or Pearson-VUE, any tips would be much appreciated.

I'm in the final stretch of my studying.

Here are the three best tips I found on this site (thanks to all who contributed these gems):

1) As long as you pass, your score has zero correlation with how successful you will be in the business. Don't stress out at all about scoring high.
2) The state portion is usually the hardest part of any test. While you can learn concepts for LH or PC, state law requires more memorization.
3) Read ALL the answer choices. Eliminate the ones that are wrong. The final answer is usually the one that best protects the consumer.

Happy Labor Day weekend to all! :)

I've joined the ranks of those who are taking the License Exams multiple times -- but in my point of view, retaking the Exams (8 parts in all; can take up to 4 parts in any one test session) is a test strategy of gamesmanship. My time is worth the fee of $75 per test session, I figure. My goal is to pass as quickly as possible and to avoid overstudying. It seems to me that what's being tested on the License test doesn't have a whole lot of relationship to the real-life, everyday world of selling insurance. So I wanna learn what I need to learn, to pass the test, and then get on with my career and learn, learn, learn the practicalities of selling auto, homeowner, life and health insurance. I'm just about halfway there to passing the Exams.

Thanks very much for the kind words of encouragement, Arnguy ... especially since I was laid off by my boss, a State Farm insurance agent, on the very day that I was doing a retake of the Hawaii P&C license exams. I figured out later that my boss, for economic reasons, felt the need to downsize (last hired, first fired).

What sucks the most is ... I won't have any health/medical coverage as of Oct. 2. The agency is so small, it doesn't have to offer COBRA coverage. I am now facing the prospect of having to pay for an individual medical plan -- which will probably cost a small fortune. I already have to fork out 400 bucks to cover the Hawaii insurance license fee, once I pass all 8 parts of the license exams.

With a license, I expect I will have a lot of choices in jobs. I have no doubts about my ability to sell. I love making sales.

But for the short term, I am going to have to dig deep into my pockets for medical insurance. Anybody have any suggestions?

I guess I could rent out my second, spare bedroom, to visiting insurance agents. (Just kidding -- the second bedroom is my home office). Thanks for listening.

Back