Holy Cow, I PASSED! :) Quick Question About State Farm?

Well folks, I passed the L&H in Charleston last week with an 84%! (I used the prelicense.com course online).

I interviewed with a State Farm branch a while back for a producer position but they went with someone with more experience. I was really impressed with these folks and let them know that I have since passed my exam and would like to be considered if anything should open up in the future. They asked if I would be interested in coming in to answer phones at the front desk to see if it would be something of interest to me.

Although I would really like to get my foot in the door and gain knowledge, I'm also eager to sell. Any thoughts or suggestions on (reputable) companies out there that would take "newbies" to train? :D

Thanks again!

Since you're brand new to the insurance selling business the position they offered has some merit to it. Being in the office you can learn a lot and see if you can get learn the business some while getting a paycheck for answering the phones. Obviously you have to be able to survive on the pay they offer.
I'd also suggest that if you go into a sales position you find someone that is willing to help teach you. There is a learning curve and lots more to learn after passing the exam.

Good luck

Back