How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

I passed the California Life & Health exam last week in downtown Los Angeles. I used Lytespeed Learning for my online Pre-licensing courses at the suggestion from Rick on this forum. See, Rick is good for something. Ha! Anyway, the courses, the book and the exam questions came to about $ 144.00 dollars. What I liked about Lytespeed was the customer service. They were always there to help you out if you had a question. Good people. The book is a must. You need to actually know the concepts of insurance and not just memorize the exam prep questions. Also a lot of the questions are just common sense. If you do pass the exam I'd suggest getting finger printed right there. It cost about $68 bucks and you're good to go. Don't know about the PC exam, but I do know a buddy that took three tries to pass. Hope that helps. Good luck.

In GA you can prepare for the test either online or classroom.
40 hours study. If you fail to pass three times. .. you have to repeat the course in a classroom

I was looking for a little advice. I have taken the exam twice and have not passed. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

Short answer: STUDY.

I think I had to make a 70% or 80% in order to pass so I simply studied and took practice tests until I was averaging a 95%. It worked for me cause when I actually took the exam, I made a 85%.

The study tests are not exactly the same as the real deal, but if you can master the study/practice exams, you should be ok

@Tamara which online courses did you take? Which practice test are you talking about the has similar question to the state exam. Would you provide me some info thanx :) also if there are test that might help for P&C too. I will be taking the California exam.

If you live in the bay area I would suggest going to quick learning school in Walnut Creek. They are great!

I was looking for a little advice. I have taken the exam twice and have not passed. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

Short answer: STUDY.

I think I had to make a 70% or 80% in order to pass so I simply studied and took practice tests until I was averaging a 95%. It worked for me cause when I actually took the exam, I made a 85%.

The study tests are not exactly the same as the real deal, but if you can master the study/practice exams, you should be ok

I did pretty much the same thing. I went through the online KAPLAN course. You have access to it 24/7 and the practice tests have a lot of different questions. I passed on the first try but, I don't know what I scored because in Missouri they only show you your score if you fail. I gave a more detailed desciption of KAPLAN in a different thread. If you want to know more do a search on this forum for online training. Good Luck

Amazing reading through this thread how judgmental people can be. If you have done any kind of recruiting at all, you know that you can't judge an agent by how well he does on the exam. I believe it was said best early on that the agent you want on your team is the one that won't quit.
The only thing the insurance licensing exam does is test your ability to read the whole question slowly, eliminate answers and give yourself a fighting chance at getting the right answer(most of the time).
Here at Texas Insurance Training Academy, we have been able to get people licensed that you wouldn't even give a chance to. I'm talking older people with English as a 2nd language and dyslexic people just as a couple of examples.
Whether you purchase an online insurance prelicensing course or attend a classroom, you have to put in your time doing practice exams and preparing the right way. There are no shortcuts to obtaining your license.

I took the online course through Kaplan. I took the simulated state test over and over again until I started passing it then went and took the exam. I probably took the practice test 40-50 times prior to the real deal.

Back