How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

I was looking for a little advice. I have taken the exam twice and have not passed. Any suggestions?
If you look at your state's Department of Insurance website, they may offer a link to an approved class that you can sign up for, instead of taking the online courses where you just read and test through each chapter. I have heard that those pose a better chance of passing than studying on your own. As for the weekly and monthly income boasting on this forum, depending on what you've done in your life so far, this can definitely be appealing for starters. While this forum can provide some valuable and helpful information, it does, unfortunately harbor several child-like responses and you have to ignore those individuals. Good luck on the test.

- Laura

I have twice tried to read through the P&C prelicensing book and always fall asleep at inland marine insurance...L&H and Series 6 I devoured in 2 days....P&C is just too dry for my tastes.

I thought the L&H was dry. It was just too repetitive on every issue, just slightly off. P&C was harder, but there was so much to it.

Inland marine was an extremely small chapter. BUT, each to their own.

Now, series 6...I'm thinking of taking. Any advice? I heard this one was hard in Florida. L&H was not hard for me at all. P&C was too much information with trick questions. L&H, answers were obvious if you just read the book.

So far I'm licensed in P&C, L&H...and now while I'm passing tests for carriers...I'm taking a notary class. THEN I want the series 6. Why not go for the gusto!

:goofy:

I'm studying to take the California Life, Accident and Health agent exam. I've scoured Kaplan's website and the CA Dept of Insurances website and for the life of me can't find what a passing score is! Does anyone know? It's a 3 hour, 150 questions exam. Thanks for any help!

I wouldn't worry too much about a passing score.

If you pass, they'll tell you that you passed.

If you failed, then they'll tell you your score.

Keep taking practice exams and study the vocabulary until you're scoring 85% or higher and you'll be ready.

Thanks DHK. Other than the practice exam Kaplan provides with it's course, any other recommended sources for practice exams?

Thanks DHK. Other than the practice exam Kaplan provides with it's course, any other recommended sources for practice exams?

If you take the test through Pearson vue, they also have online practice test. They are not free. They are about 20 bucks a practice test, but you will be prepared when you test with those.

Hi there,
I just took it this afternoon, I passed on the first try, only 68%, still ok to me because it took me 40 minutes to complete the test, I spent 3 days to study, even though I still have 40 hours training on website left. I practice each exam 3 times, the way I study, try to remember different between each category, exam is trick, my English is not good, so when I read the question, If I don't understand, I look answer to eliminate. I still remember exactly the test today. Hope you pass next time

I was looking for a little advice. I have taken the exam twice and have not passed. Any suggestions?

I suggest all my new agents to go to lytespeed. when I got my license 10 years ago I went to ad banker and wasn't happy with the materials they provided and failed the test. I called lytespeed and spoke to Nancy, this woman is amazing, I passed the test. I do not work for lytespeed but I highly recommend them to everyone. I feel what makes them different is the materials they have and the quality of those materials. As I suggest to my agents, is that if you don't plan on selling disability or health insurance then just do the 32 hour opposed to the 52, half the time and easier test. I hope this helps and good luck, don't give up even if you don't pass a second time take it again till you do. I have had agents fail 2 or three times.

Erick Whiteside
Sales Manager at Syncis Gardena Office

I suggest all my new agents to go to lytespeed. when I got my license 10 years ago I went to ad banker and wasn't happy with the materials they provided and failed the test. I called lytespeed and spoke to Nancy, this woman is amazing, I passed the test. I do not work for lytespeed but I highly recommend them to everyone. I feel what makes them different is the materials they have and the quality of those materials. As I suggest to my agents, is that if you don't plan on selling disability or health insurance then just do the 32 hour opposed to the 52, half the time and easier test. I hope this helps and good luck, don't give up even if you don't pass a second time take it again till you do. I have had agents fail 2 or three times.

Erick Whiteside
Sales Manager at Syncis Gardena Office

Erick,

The guy started this thread back in 2007 so there is a good chance that your advice won't reach him. Nice try though!

FYI, there is nothing like going to a classroom and getting instructions face to face. This is going to be the best and easiest way for most of us to pass the exam.

Latest posts

Back