How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

Re: Passing the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam

I think that if you don't pass a test no matter what kind of test that it is does not mean that you will not pass it the next time...and if you should fail it once more....try, try again. The only thing that determines if you are a failure at something is you. If you let what others say and the fact that you didn't pass it the first or second time intimidate you, then you will manifest negative thoughts (which is known to always cripple you mentally) making you believe that you aren't cut out for the profession. A person that wants to sell insurance really bad can accomplish becoming a super sharp insurance agent if they eat, sleep, and breathe it. I believe success in this business or any other sales business is made up of a mixture of things:

1. Determination (will take you a very long way)
2. Willingness to do whatever it possibly takes
3. Focus
4. Positive thinking
5. Understanding that there is ALWAYS room for improvement

I myself don't have any experience "yet" in selling insurance, but I have experience in sales (wireless door to door sales). I can honestly sit here and say that that job was the hardest job I have ever had, but I ate, slept, and breathed cell phones (plans and all). I worked for MCI Worldcom and I was so determined to be at the top that I was in my department. I sold and closed the deal on over 50 contracts consecutively for 3 months (until the whole dept was unfortunately was shut down due to reasons beyond my control). I held one of the positions for the top 2 sales field reps and even shocked the regional manager at how well I was doing which in turn got me approved for a raise. There were other reps there that were cocky and laughed and said that I was doing this and that wrong and they would say how I was probably going to not get sales doing it my way. I was burning up with so much determination though that I followed my heart and utilized the ideas that I came up with. I kept my flyers with me at all times in my car and every person that I came in contact with received one. All I discussed with people was my plans and how I could help them. I never pressured anyone to purchase from me, but I always left a deep lasting first impression that I was wanting to help them. I made so much money and it felt great. My phone rang so much that I would have to turn off my phone by a certain time of the evening just so I could get time to myself and chill. I can admit though I was on fire.

I have told a freaking story, but I only said all that just to make a point that passing or failing on your 1st or 2nd try of that test does not determine whether or not you are meant to be a insurance salesman/saleswoman. You are cut out for whatever you believe you are cut out for. If this is what you really want, go after it ....no matter how many times it takes for you to take that test over...keep taking it till you pass that sucker. I would suggest for anyone that is having troubles with passing the tests, getting prospects, or whatever to read this book called The Magic Of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D. There is nothing that you are not cut out for that you may want...all it takes is persistance and practice and from my impression of you I believe you have it to have taken the test a 2nd time already. Keep at it, you'll pass it.

Alot of the greatest and well known people in the world failed things their first and second and some even failed a third and fourth and fifth time at things that they were attempting to accomplish....but the reason they are so great is because they didn't let it stop them or get em down. They kept on trying to they finally accomplished what they were trying to do. Jim Carrie and Tyra Banks are really good examples of people that were told that maybe what they were trying to do was not meant for them, but if you look into it...you'll see that they let that go in one ear and out the other.

Last edited:

Okay, well it is good to be motivated and ballsy and have determination. It is also good to develop a strategy for gaining the knowledge for passing the test rather just going in there like you are bungee jumping.

Take a CD based training license course that has a large selection of practice questions and exams. Use those exams to generate practice test results that give you a diagnostic look at the areas that you are doing well in and the areas where you need help and use that as a guide. Keep doing that over and over until you are passing the practice exams with a high score. If you get to the point where you are remembering answers to questions and need fresh material then get another CD course and use that too, this is if you are serious and have been flunking exams. My point is, yes be motivated, but get some knowedge along the way too.

Many years ago, I got my CD based training course from BYSIS and it worked very well. Can't remember what the company was but the actual exam was easier than their practice tests.

Winter

I think that if you don't pass a test no matter what kind of test that it is does not mean that you will not pass it the next time...and if you should fail it once more....try, try again. The only thing that determines if you are a failure at something is you. If you let what others say and the fact that you didn't pass it the first or second time intimidate you, then you will manifest negative thoughts (which is known to always cripple you mentally) making you believe that you aren't cut out for the profession. A person that wants to sell insurance really bad can accomplish becoming a super sharp insurance agent if they eat, sleep, and breathe it. I believe success in this business or any other sales business is made up of a mixture of things:

1. Determination (will take you a very long way)
2. Willingness to do whatever it possibly takes
3. Focus
4. Positive thinking
5. Understanding that there is ALWAYS room for improvement

I myself don't have any experience "yet" in selling insurance, but I have experience in sales (wireless door to door sales). I can honestly sit here and say that that job was the hardest job I have ever had, but I ate, slept, and breathed cell phones (plans and all). I worked for MCI Worldcom and I was so determined to be at the top that I was in my department. I sold and closed the deal on over 50 contracts consecutively for 3 months (until the whole dept was unfortunately was shut down due to reasons beyond my control). I held one of the positions for the top 2 sales field reps and even shocked the regional manager at how well I was doing which in turn got me approved for a raise. There were other reps there that were cocky and laughed and said that I was doing this and that wrong and they would say how I was probably going to not get sales doing it my way. I was burning up with so much determination though that I followed my heart and utilized the ideas that I came up with. I kept my flyers with me at all times in my car and every person that I came in contact with received one. All I discussed with people was my plans and how I could help them. I never pressured anyone to purchase from me, but I always left a deep lasting first impression that I was wanting to help them. I made so much money and it felt great. My phone rang so much that I would have to turn off my phone by a certain time of the evening just so I could get time to myself and chill. I can admit though I was on fire.

I have told a freaking story, but I only said all that just to make a point that passing or failing on your 1st or 2nd try of that test does not determine whether or not you are meant to be a insurance salesman/saleswoman. You are cut out for whatever you believe you are cut out for. If this is what you really want, go after it ....no matter how many times it takes for you to take that test over...keep taking it till you pass that sucker. I would suggest for anyone that is having troubles with passing the tests, getting prospects, or whatever to read this book called The Magic Of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D. There is nothing that you are not cut out for that you may want...all it takes is persistance and practice and from my impression of you I believe you have it to have taken the test a 2nd time already. Keep at it, you'll pass it.

Alot of the greatest and well known people in the world failed things their first and second and some even failed a third and fourth and fifth time at things that they were attempting to accomplish....but the reason they are so great is because they didn't let it stop them or get em down. They kept on trying to they finally accomplished what they were trying to do. Jim Carrie and Tyra Banks are really good examples of people that were told that maybe what they were trying to do was not meant for them, but if you look into it...you'll see that they let that go in one ear and out the other.

Winter, speaking of "balls" lol, you are actually breaking my balls because you didn't seem to understand my post lol. If you read my post over again you will realize and notice that I said try, try again as well as it just takes persistance and PRACTICE. We aren't 2 year olds here....and I think we are all old enough to have the "common sense" to know if you fail a test to go back and study again. I discussed much more than just having motivation and one thing you have to keep when screwing around with sales is motivation. See how far you get without it lol. Obviously there has been some unmotivating responses to this guy's post....and I am sure he was looking for some support instead. Even I have the little study pre test cds you are talking about that you get with some pre licensing courses, but it makes no point in the world to have it if you aren't motivated to use it and study it. So that just leaves us with fact that both go hand in hand (motivation is what keeps us trying over and over again testing as well as going back to study something all over again)...study the material whether it's a cd and book combination or just straight online based. Either way, no one would pass the test if they were'nt motivated enough to put study time into learning whatever material they have. And then see....that still brings you back to being motivated enough to do all that studying. Correct me if I am wrong. You looked over everything else I had posted like all I said was "Hey, don't worry, just stay motivated and go back and take the test lol rotf". I mean c'mon that doesn't even sound logical does it now? lmao. Read my post again.:laugh:

Okay, well it is good to be motivated and ballsy and have determination. It is also good to develop a strategy for gaining the knowledge for passing the test rather just going in there like you are bungee jumping.

Take a CD based training license course that has a large selection of practice questions and exams. Use those exams to generate practice test results that give you a diagnostic look at the areas that you are doing well in and the areas where you need help and use that as a guide. Keep doing that over and over until you are passing the practice exams with a high score. If you get to the point where you are remembering answers to questions and need fresh material then get another CD course and use that too, this is if you are serious and have been flunking exams. My point is, yes be motivated, but get some knowedge along the way too.

Many years ago, I got my CD based training course from BYSIS and it worked very well. Can't remember what the company was but the actual exam was easier than their practice tests.

Winter

Last edited:

I'm a good test taker. I studied practice test CD's over and over again until I averaged a passing score and then I went in and passed the test. Never took a class, but I had a business background and a lot of life experience (old). I passed the p,& C, L&H, 6, 63 & 65 by studying a book for answers to the practice test CD. Study like hell for 2 or 3 days and take the test the next morning. I passed every test the first time doing it this way. I had to retake my 6 & 63 & 65 lately and it wasn't any easier than the first time I did it several years ago. I think they made the tests harder ?

I set up a young man last September in the business. He had just finished his MBA and was looking for a job but having no luck. I told him about a company in his area looking for agents to sell MA's. He was leary about the money and the expense to get started, but he went for it. He FLUNKED the test the first time in spite of my warning to study his ass off. He did it again and passed, but barely.

He was the top agent with the company this last AEP & OEP. He closed his leads at a rate of 200 pct higher than the next best agent who was a veteran insurance saleman. He had never sold on commission only before. His only secret was that he worked hard. He followed up on every lead and did his job. He only worked part time because his wife was working and he had to take care of his son everyday until 1pm.

He has since found a job for his MBA and has left the business for now, but will probably do it part time this fall, and will probably be the top producer in his market again.

I used a CD system for all my tests from examfx.com , I think.

Last edited:

Winter, speaking of "balls" lol, you are actually breaking my balls because you didn't seem to understand my post lol. If you read my post over again you will realize and notice that I said try, try again as well as it just takes persistance and PRACTICE. We aren't 2 year olds here....and I think we are all old enough to have the "common sense" to know if you fail a test to go back and study again. I discussed much more than just having motivation and one thing you have to keep when screwing around with sales is motivation. See how far you get without it lol. Obviously there has been some unmotivating responses to this guy's post....and I am sure he was looking for some support instead. Even I have the little study pre test cds you are talking about that you get with some pre licensing courses, but it makes no point in the world to have it if you aren't motivated to use it and study it. So that just leaves us with fact that both go hand in hand (motivation is what keeps us trying over and over again testing as well as going back to study something all over again)...study the material whether it's a cd and book combination or just straight online based. Either way, no one would pass the test if they were'nt motivated enough to put study time into learning whatever material they have. And then see....that still brings you back to being motivated enough to do all that studying. Correct me if I am wrong. You looked over everything else I had posted like all I said was "Hey, don't worry, just stay motivated and go back and take the test lol rotf". I mean c'mon that doesn't even sound logical does it now? lmao. Read my post again.:laugh:

Alright fair enough. I may have been thinking about sex when I read your post so my mind was otherwise occupied.

Winter

Alright fair enough. I may have been thinking about sex when I read your post so my mind was otherwise occupied.

Winter

Oops, just saw your username and realized that chic may stand for chick rather than chic (pronounced sheek). If you are of the female persuasion, did not mean to imply anything in my post. If you are of the male persuasion, then the hell with ya :)

Winter

LMAO ROTF, yeah I'm a chick (have tits) excuse my language....and there was no offense taken lol. I know everyone jokes around on here lol.

One thing that is very important. READ the questions slowly. They will throw in the word except. When I didn't have clue what the answer was I would look for the the three answers that were close and then pick the odd ball. Also sometimes a later question will give you an answer to a previous question, but don't go back and change an anwers unless your pretty sure. Study for 100, but just pass the test.

The key is make sure you read every question.

I am taking pre licensing course for L/A&H through Kaplan Financial....I am studying full time and working part time and at the rate I am going I will have it down pack in 3 weeks.:biggrin: I am doing the self study though...not their online course. It came with a drill and practice cd that is great. I can set it on easy, intermediate, or hard for the practice questions.

Latest posts

Back