How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

Re: Passing the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam

I just kept using the CD (no matter how low my score was, and it got depressing receiving 69% many times) and I read the book every night and absorbed as much as I could. I can say the CD gives a real good test of knowledge and is a huge help for the test.

Once you are done with the test, you will never have to worrry about it again, unless you fail to keep up with your CE.

To be honest, the stuff we have to know for the test is useful, but I don't think I had to implement my knowledge of 99% of that stuff in the industry. So, what is on the test is not a great measure of how good you will do in the industry. You might hardly pass, but be stellar at insurance sales and knowhow. Good luck.

I just kept using the CD (no matter how low my score was, and it got depressing receiving 69% many times) and I read the book every night and absorbed as much as I could. I can say the CD gives a real good test of knowledge and is a huge help for the test.

Once you are done with the test, you will never have to worrry about it again, unless you fail to keep up with your CE.

To be honest, the stuff we have to know for the test is useful, but I don't think I had to implement my knowledge of 99% of that stuff in the industry. So, what is on the test is not a great measure of how good you will do in the industry. You might hardly pass, but be stellar at insurance sales and knowhow. Good luck.

I have helped many agents get through the test. I don't believe agents fail the test because of lack of knowledge but because they try to get through it too fast.

The tests, at least in Missouri, are specifically designed so when one reads the question an immediate answer comes to mind. It will almost always be the wrong answer.

I use to tell them read the question, then read it again literally word for word. Formulate their answer and then read the question one more time.

The agents who did that almost always passed, those who didn't very frequently failed.

With regard to barely passing......you know what they call the guy who graduates last in his class at medical school?

Doctor!

I have helped many agents get through the test. I don't believe agents fail the test because of lack of knowledge but because they try to get through it too fast.

The tests, at least in Missouri, are specifically designed so when one reads the question an immediate answer comes to mind. It will almost always be the wrong answer.

I use to tell them read the question, then read it again literally word for word. Formulate their answer and then read the question one more time.

The agents who did that almost always passed, those who didn't very frequently failed.

I actually got frustrated with the CD-ROM. I am too quick. I read the book cover to cover and took the tests at the end of the chapter, going back to the sections where I faired most poorly with wrong answers.

I am sure you can teach the course very well. I know what you mean about taking a methodical approach and what you said WORKS. I remember reading the question several times and not jumping on the quick answer. Reading the question several times was my method.

Makes sense, there is plenty of time to take the test. I used logic and a process of elimination on the test and passed. I would have been lost if I didn't dedicate myself to reading and studying the material in the book.

I was going for annuities and life, but took health just for the hell of it, was only another 50 questions. I was lost with the health studies, and now that is my primary focus in insurance. Go figure. That's life. Wanna buy some health insurance? :D

Last edited:

I took the test today for Life, Health and Accident. I used A.D. Banker's material for studying. I also purchased their online practice test. Basically I read through the material once. Took the chapter tests online. Took the sections comprehensive test. Then took the full test. Found out my weak areas and went back to the book for those. Then I just took the practice exams over and over and over and over (you get the picture).

I will say this though, I started to worry on the test today because there were questions and answers that I could not remember covering either in the book or practice test. Another thing that I worried about was I had taken the practice exams so much that I started answering the questions before completely reading them.

During the exam, READ EVERY WORD of the questions and answers. Some questions I had to read four and five times because there would be two answers that had opposite meanings and it depended on the wording of the questions. Also and stated above, there were some curve balls (trick questions).

The only good thing is that I don't have to take it again. :cool:

Good Luck

I am just diving into the A.D. Banker material and would like to accomplish exam quickly. I have a bunch of time this weekend and through next weekend to study. Can you give me an idea of you study time (# of total hours) with this material? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I used a similar method for series 7 and passed easily. Thanks in advance.

I took the test today for Life, Health and Accident. I used A.D. Banker's material for studying. I also purchased their online practice test. Basically I read through the material once. Took the chapter tests online. Took the sections comprehensive test. Then took the full test. Found out my weak areas and went back to the book for those. Then I just took the practice exams over and over and over and over (you get the picture).

I will say this though, I started to worry on the test today because there were questions and answers that I could not remember covering either in the book or practice test. Another thing that I worried about was I had taken the practice exams so much that I started answering the questions before completely reading them.

During the exam, READ EVERY WORD of the questions and answers. Some questions I had to read four and five times because there would be two answers that had opposite meanings and it depended on the wording of the questions. Also and stated above, there were some curve balls (trick questions).

The only good thing is that I don't have to take it again. :cool:

Good Luck

I will say this though, I started to worry on the test today because there were questions and answers that I could not remember covering either in the book or practice test.

Welcome to the "wonderful world of insurance" and congrats on passing the test. I only work in the senior market now but if I can help in any way give me a call.

They specifically put questions on the test that are not covered in any of the study material. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is but remember, this is a test designed by the govt. I guess it doesn't have to make sense or have a purpose.

I am just diving into the A.D. Banker material and would like to accomplish exam quickly. I have a bunch of time this weekend and through next weekend to study. Can you give me an idea of you study time (# of total hours) with this material? Thanks in advance.

I am not familiar with the AD Banker material but with any course make sure that you have worked your way through all of the material and then take the practice exams and let those be the guide as to how much more time you need to put in. The insurance exam is not even remotely as difficult as the series 7. They are not even in the same ball park. But there are questions that you will not know the answer to unless you have reviewed the material. A person could be a rocket scientist but if they have not taken at least some time to see what is covered in Part A vesus Part B of Medicare then you simply have no way of knowing.

Use the practice exams as your guide. If the course is worse anything it should tell you where you are as far as readiness and then fix it if you are not. If you passed the series 7 you dont need any tips on test taking or any of that jive. Just spend some time with the material.

Winter

I would say you can do it in under 2,000 hours. LOL

Each person is going to be dramatically different. Some can do it in less than eight hours and pass with flying colors. Others spend days and fail the test several times.

If you easily passed the series 7 then this should be a piece of cake for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back