Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum

Reply to I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!     
Old 07-15-2017, 05:24 PM   #1

State: israel7 is an Insurance Agent from
I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP! I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!
I am currently looking to get my licence to sell life insurance (New Mexico). I am not sure which course provider to go with, I am thinking about going with Kaplan Financial or with CPMI Professional Development. Are either of these online educators credible and/or good source providers? If you have had experience with any of these providers i'd really like to know how your experience was, thank you!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!

Old 07-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Guru

State: b61mack is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
b61mack is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP! Re: I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!
I used americasprofessor.com
Old 07-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Guru
xrac on I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP! Re: I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!
Kaplan has been good when I have utilized them.

X
Old 07-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
Guru

State: LostDollar is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
I don't remember seeing the CPMI name before.

This thread offers comments on 3 training courses which I take to be the most common ones.

Kaplan Vs. ExamFx Vs. AD Banker?

I started with ExamFx, using it lightly. I have not yet used it in depth, or sat for exams, so I cannot give you personal comments about its effectiveness.

Best Wishes for your licensing process.

LD is a Life Ins. & Medicare Supplement Consumer learning about Medicare

"...no space of regret can make amends for one life's opportunity misused..."
A Christmas Carol
Old 07-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
In the end, it doesn't matter much. Pick one, go with it, get it done.

Its good to know what they teach you, but in the end, very little of your day to day job is covered in the licensing courses. They teach regulations, not sales. Can't imagine they are that much different from one to the next.

Online classes tend to vary a bit, but in the end, they still get the job done.

Also, whatever you miss in pre-licensing will get beat into your head with the required CE over the years.

Dan
Old 07-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #6

State: omw25k is an Insurance Agent from Texas
I took mine through Kaplan, cost me about 245.00 in Nov 2015, 3 day class. I already had some insurance experience and missed half the day on annuities....I would recommend getting a good night's sleep during the three nights before your class and study if you need to. I didnt and I passed the following saturday after classes ended. A passing score is all that matters.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #7

State: Rick James is an Insurance Agent from
I used examfx and found it to be good. Studied the content they provided me and passed my life, health, and accident first try. There was also a discount code provided by my agency...
Reply to I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP! 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum