Kaplan Vs. ExamFx Vs. AD Banker?

Yes, that is an excellent point, context plays a big role. 94% is a really good score, that is definitely a check in the box for ExFx.

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was it? My main concern with ExFx is that they are declining, was your experience more recent? Complaints about uncovered topics are up and scores are down from 5 years ago.

ExFx recently bought TesTeachers, I'm getting a demo of how they are combining the two probably in January. It's interesting with your take on TT, if it will improve or possibly take them a step back.
I think a lot might be learning styles when comparing ExFx vs. TT, I used, and, preferred the style of ExFx when I got licensed, but many of my students complain that there is not enough video etc.

One thing I like about AD Banker is that the video is completely optional, you can use it for a supplement, or skip it completely and not miss anything. Hopefully it will satisfy both styles of learner.

I took my life exam last December and my health exam in August. Have you checked their ExFx scores on the practice tests and guarantee exams? Are they making use of the focused reviews? I find those to be VERY helpful in broadening the scope of the questions.

AD banker sounds nice.

The PM worked. So that handbook doesn't tell you the actual material, it shows you what topics they test on, so you can see certain things that are missing from your text. The problem is that the state doesn't necessarily test on reality. They test in general rules instead of exceptions, so if you go online for the info you might get the RIGHT info, but NOT what the state is looking for.

https://www.asisvcs.com/publications/pdf/121703.pdf

----------

Department of Insurance
This should answer most of those questions not covered in the handbook.

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf. You put me in mind of teachers at a computer programming trade school back on the back trail. There were kids there that really had no business being there-they had hope and unused loan money-but most of the teachers tried with all of them.

That looks like plenty of information to keep me going for awhile.

"They test in general rules instead of exceptions, so if you go online for the info you might get the RIGHT info, but NOT what the state is looking for."

And that's hilarious. I get potential purchaser evaluation critical thinking training too.

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf. You put me in mind of teachers at a computer programming trade school back on the back trail. There were kids there that really had no business being there-they had hope and unused loan money-but most of the teachers tried with all of them.

That looks like plenty of information to keep me going for awhile.

"They test in general rules instead of exceptions, so if you go online for the info you might get the RIGHT info, but NOT what the state is looking for."

And that's hilarious. I get potential purchaser evaluation critical thinking training too.

There is no doubt in my mind anyone who puts in the time and effort can pass this exam. Over the years I have gotten some people past it that... well, let's just say I'm glad they were not working for me...

I believe very strongly in this as a career, so I take legitimate joy in seeing people pass.

My biggest tip to you would be to this: If you get the online version, when you take the topic quizzes and simulated exam, cover the question/answer and read the 2-3 sentences under the question and answer. This way you memorize the concept, not the question. You won't see the question again, they are all different on the state exam, but knowing the concepts will allow you to answer the question no matter how it is phrased.

Read the questions and answers a few times, to get used to the style, but after that, I'd only look if it's a concept you know for sure. So if the concept is something like "Medicare Part A covers Hospital" and you are thinking "Wait, I know that!" Uncover the question and see how it fooled you.

----------

I took my life exam last December and my health exam in August. Have you checked their ExFx scores on the practice tests and guarantee exams? Are they making use of the focused reviews? I find those to be VERY helpful in broadening the scope of the questions.

AD banker sounds nice.

Yeah, these guys are following the program, we won't schedule them before they sit with me for 3 days and hit a certain hour/score benchmark online, but the translation is down. For example, 5 years ago there was an average drop off from high sim to state of 7.3% this year it was 11.2%!

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who brings in unlicensed people with the intention of getting them licensed to work for them. I have been training for the last 6 years, and I have always used ExamFX, but I got a lot of student feedback that EFX was missing information that was asked about on the state.

I'm considering making a change, I had narrowed it down to TesTeachers, Kaplan, and AD Banker. I've dropped consideration for TesTeachers because they are now owned by ExamFX and I want to wait until they fully merge to see what the end product is. I dropped Kaplan from consideration because it is simply too long and wordy. I really like the AD Banker program and am considering it. I'm probably going to give it a test run either way, but I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has used both programs. Success rate, ease of use, customer service etc. The Price of AD Banker is a great deal higher, I wonder if it is worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I used 'Testeachers' for P&C and passed my CA exam the first time. I highly recommend them.

Versus Kaplan also?

I haven't actually used kaplan. I've heard nothing but great things though. The teachers on testeachers are very good at conveying points though. Took series 6 and 63 with them and passed both the first try and...don't tell anyone... I literally only watched the videos and took the practice exams. I didn't read a single thing for them, but granted I'm an auditory and visual learner so to each his own..

A little late to the party but here is my .02
I used AD banker for my life license back in 2009. I didn't have video's just the book and practice tests. Passed the test easily... actually thought it wasn't that hard. I have recommended it, and others have done well with it. I have not seen it recently at all, so can't comment specifically on how it is today.

I used test teachers for security lic... I thought they were pretty good. I used the videos and practice exams and studied a good bit, passed with no issue. I did feel there were a couple area's on the exam that they didn't cover, but it could have been the "fakes" which IMO is stupid.

Never used FX or Kaplan.

Back