Kaplan Vs. ExamFx Vs. AD Banker?

Deadslash - I am glad to have seen your post, getting the viewpoints from an instructor is very helpful. Been evaluating Kaplan vs. AD Banker myself

I read somewhere that the Kaplan pdf manual is over 500 pages vs. approx. 240 with ADB. Wow, this made my jaw drop. Wordy indeed! I am old school and like the option of have this available and would probably read this in the late nights vs. online.

I am also read some discussions where AD Banker said they had to make major improvements to the online module 1 -2 years ago. Makes wonder if the Kaplan is the better value and then perhaps I could read the massive manual through once and concentrate on the highlighted segments or practice exams/questions.

Cost is a factor here to as ADB is $200 for NJ L&H for the manual and practice exams and a couple extras (if you want the online training it is $231 but you don't get a pdf manual). Kaplan you get basically everything including the manual for list price 169. My company also get's a discount through Kaplan.

Wondering if anyone can share more based off this. Leaning towards going with Kaplan, but am wondering if the online experience is comparable
Thanks
Bob

----------

Just noticed that Kaplan is not listed as an approved educational vendor on the lost posted on the NJ DOI site. I am anticipating this is an oversight since Kaplan has been around for ages, they were closed today so I emailed them to ask.

----------

See this correction to my post above: in fairness, I should have checked with AD Banker about quoting their pricing as I learned they also offer a discount for my employer. They emailed me back today and confirmed they do. I appreciated the responsiveness, especially since they were closed today. I work for one of the largest life insurers in the US

See this correction to my post above: in fairness, I should have checked with AD Banker about quoting their pricing as I learned they also offer a discount for my employer. They emailed me back today and confirmed they do. I appreciated the responsiveness, especially since they were closed today. I work for one of the largest life insurers in the US

Lincoln Heritage?:err:

MetLife (in my haste I wasn't sure if I should post it, but I suppose it could only help if others weren't aware that a discount is available )

Glad you asked Goillini

They will both get you past the state test, so it really depends on your learning style when determining which one is better for you. If you prefer to read long intensive and comprehensive chapters, go Kaplan. If you are more into the bite size nuggets, AD Banker is for you.

Stupid question about these exams: I'm looking at ExamFX for some potential agents. Does life and health include the accident portion for a life accident and health license. It only says life and health.

Another site I looked at (Guaranteed Online Insurance Prelicensing Courses For State Exam) had life and health and then a separate life only and then a separate accident and health.

The accident falls under health. You can take one or the other...or both. If you want the accident, you have to take the health too.

I teach the L&H and have used both ExamFX and Testeachers. I believe that ExamFX has the best exam simulator because of their bank of questions and how it is set up. I had switched to Testeachers a few years ago, because i liked their videos. Unfortunately, their exam simulator wasn't nearly as good as ExamFx.
I feel that the merger of ExamFX and Testeachers will make them the industry leader in pre-licensing. They have incorporated the Testeachers videos with the ExamFX exam simulator so which makes their program very comprehensive.

My experience has been that when a student doesn't pass the exam, they tend to have to blame someone or something else, instead of taking responsibility for their results. When a student tells me that there were questions on the exam that they had never seen before, i know that they became focused on what they didn't know, instead of what they should have known. Each testing provider puts "pretest questions" on the exam. These are questions that are mixed in with all of the other questions, but don't count against your score. I just tell my students to pick "C" and move on. The moment they try to start figuring stuff out, they begin to overthink, and that is the killer.

We have over a 90% pass ratio for students that follow our program. If they don't pass their exam, we pay for the 2nd attempt.

I'm glad I looked on here.. I'm seriously considering taking a life/heal licensing class and the closest one to me is classroom setting.. $350 plus. I came on here and noticed AD and others less than $200 web based. Now I'm wondering if online is as effective as classroom. I wonder what the pass/fail rate is between the two..

This is a big step if I choose to go this route -- choosing a good online school would be ideal..

I'm glad I looked on here.. I'm seriously considering taking a life/heal licensing class and the closest one to me is classroom setting.. $350 plus. I came on here and noticed AD and others less than $200 web based. Now I'm wondering if online is as effective as classroom. I wonder what the pass/fail rate is between the two..

This is a big step if I choose to go this route -- choosing a good online school would be ideal..

The LH test is not a hard test, at least to me it was pretty easy. I imagine either way is fine, provided you do what you need to do on your end so you know the material. I've not ever taken a live class for any pre licensing, always did online training and passed. I have used AD and Test Teachers.

For what it's worth...about 4.5 years ago I did Kaplan for Series 7 and 66 and passed on my first attempt for both (about 2 weeks full time studying for Series 7, and about 10 days for Series 66). I scored an 85% on the 7, and around 87% I think on the 66. I then spent about 8-10 days on ExamFx for NY Life, Accident, and Health. Although I also passed on my first attempt (~76%), I found it much more difficult than the Series 7 and 66 despite there being less info to cover. However, I'm not sure if it's due to the content, or ExamFx specifically.

Back