Kaplan Vs. ExamFx Vs. AD Banker?

DeadSlash

Expert
I'm looking for feedback from anyone who brings in unlicensed people with the intention of getting them licensed to work for them. I have been training for the last 6 years, and I have always used ExamFX, but I got a lot of student feedback that EFX was missing information that was asked about on the state.

I'm considering making a change, I had narrowed it down to TesTeachers, Kaplan, and AD Banker. I've dropped consideration for TesTeachers because they are now owned by ExamFX and I want to wait until they fully merge to see what the end product is. I dropped Kaplan from consideration because it is simply too long and wordy. I really like the AD Banker program and am considering it. I'm probably going to give it a test run either way, but I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has used both programs. Success rate, ease of use, customer service etc. The Price of AD Banker is a great deal higher, I wonder if it is worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who brings in unlicensed people with the intention of getting them licensed to work for them. I have been training for the last 6 years, and I have always used ExamFX, but I got a lot of student feedback that EFX was missing information that was asked about on the state.

I'm considering making a change, I had narrowed it down to TesTeachers, Kaplan, and AD Banker. I've dropped consideration for TesTeachers because they are now owned by ExamFX and I want to wait until they fully merge to see what the end product is. I dropped Kaplan from consideration because it is simply too long and wordy. I really like the AD Banker program and am considering it. I'm probably going to give it a test run either way, but I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has used both programs. Success rate, ease of use, customer service etc. The Price of AD Banker is a great deal higher, I wonder if it is worth it?

If you've been training for 6 years and still don't have your license, I'd change from ExamFX too....,but I'm not sure that they're the problem.:)

My son used AD Banker earlier this year and loved it! We actually recommend them on our website now.

I havent tried any of the other schools other than Kaplan, but I find them to be quite thorough.

Company/Agency I am with seems to utilize Testeachers though.

I havent tried any of the other schools other than Kaplan, but I find them to be quite thorough.

Company/Agency I am with seems to utilize Testeachers though.

I know that Kaplan is very thorough, I think my main question/concern with Kaplan is that it is too thorough. That might sound like I'm making a joke, but I think there is TMI in the Kaplan approach. AD Banker is 223 pages, Kaplan is 557. and I have yet to find info that is in Kaplan and not in AD. Kaplan seems to be overkill. It is worth noting that it is not easy to make an apples to apples comparison, because they are not in the same order. It is entirely possible there are sections in Kaplan I have not seen yet.

I think the other thing that factors in here is that I am supplementing the materials with a live class. From the feedback I have gotten from peers, I am under the impression that Kaplan is the clear number one if you want to do this on your own and only do it once.

My real concern is not paying for more than I need, I'm worried about overwhelming the students with more information than they need to know.

Does a "lot of student feedback" also translate into a lot of information they see missing, or is it just multiple reports of a few items the states seem to ask that are not covered in the book?

Does a "lot of student feedback" also translate into a lot of information they see missing, or is it just multiple reports of a few items the states seem to ask that are not covered in the book?

I always get that complaint, but pass rates demonstrate it's never as bad as the student describe it, for example I had a student pass with an 80% and swear that it was all information he had never seen before... I didn't bother explaining he didn't "guess" 80 questions right, he passed so what was the point?

This year I tracked it, had students tell me what was missing and we had some common ones, "Impairment Rider" and multiple VA questions.

I think I might know what you are getting at, that they were the fake "test" questions the state throws in... but these were items explained in AD and Kaplan, but not ExFx.

My company does between 2500 and 3,000 students a year across 6 states, I'm fairly set in the approach of using AD in our one state with 2 locations, this way we can do an Apples to Apples comparison.

Back