Is the L&H Exam Even that Hard?

My neighbor comes down to proctor me for my CE's, etc. She signs in, leaves me alone and when I'm done she comes down and signs again.

No sense in cheating on the PC or any practice exam while at home - not going to help when you get to the actual testing center and fail if you don't know you stuff.

I'm definitely not planning on cheating. As you say, I want to know how I'll actually perform on the exam.

How exactly will the process work? I need to have a friend or someone stay with me for hours while I take the exam? Do they need to watch me? It just seems like something I wouldn't want to make my friends do.

That's even if friends are allowed to do this. The proctor, from what I understand, is supposed to be impartial. Are my friends impartial? Could I have some employee at McDonald's be my proctor? At least we'd have a reason to be in the same building.

I just don't want to have to hire somebody or make somebody do something they don't want to do—if I can avoid it. I think I better call my course company and ask what exactly I need to do here; they were a little vague in their written description.

No, not at all. If you are talented in that you can study a cram course for a week and pass then no problem.

If you're like the rest of us, it's just repetition taking the practice exams again and again until you have the idea of the concept behind the question. I've taken a number of series exams and the LH, I would say a four out of ten in difficulty.

Thanks all.

I posted this before I purchased my prelicensing course. The material isn't hard to comprehend, but there's a ton of information to process (more than I expected). Being a slow reader doesn't help.

I'm pretty sure I'll pass my first time around, but I have yet to take a practice test. Just about to start on the Health section after going through General Insurance/Life.

One thing I noticed about my course...they say I need a proctor for my *course* exam. What exactly am I supposed to do? Have some stranger watch me take the test online? I don't know how they'd even know...so I'm considering just taking the test alone or in a McDonald's where I can bring in an impromptu impartial "proctor" if they call to speak to one or whatever their plan is.
Hi there! May I ask what company you used for your prelicensing materials? I have no industry experience/knowledge and am studying for L&H using AD Banker. I am about one-two weeks out from taking the exam and am getting on average, a 65% on the comprehensive practice exams. I am taking the two day in person class next week as well.

What score should I expect to be getting this close to the test date? Feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

Be careful what course you buy to study, some of them do not get state specific enough. They just give an overview of laws generically.

I passed 3 of 4 first time (Life, A&H) and had to go back to take my state life law portion a second time. The specifics about free look and replacements were different than the general law section in some cram courses.
I ultimately downloaded the state law and outline and then passed that part easily.

I did a two day class 10 years ago and crammed after that. Passed by the skin of my teeth. Nowadays all you need to do is break it up a day at a time. Plan on putting about 40 hours of study time in for a L&H or a P&C exam.

Hi there! May I ask what company you used for your prelicensing materials? I have no industry experience/knowledge and am studying for L&H using AD Banker. I am about one-two weeks out from taking the exam and am getting on average, a 65% on the comprehensive practice exams. I am taking the two day in person class next week as well.

What score should I expect to be getting this close to the test date? Feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

I do not remember which pre-license course and test questions I bought when I first started but I remember it having a 600 question practice test. I went thru that test like 8 times until I was over a 90% and then went and took the test and passed with a very good grade, no sweat. I spent several hours a day for about 1--1.5 weeks doing the practice test, somewhere around 50 hours or so. After all, 600 questions is a lot to go thru.

My advice, for 215 license is take the practice test until u are averaging a 90% and u will ace the test. Good luck!

Back