Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum

Reply to Life and Health Terminology Flashcards     
Old 04-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
Guru

State: LostDollar is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
Life and Health Terminology Flashcards Life and Health Terminology Flashcards
Are there insurance terminology flash cards that can be used with the study courses?

------------------------------------
LD is a Life Ins. & Medicare Supplement Consumer learning about Medicare

"...no space of regret can make amends for one life's opportunity misused..."
A Christmas Carol
  Reply With Quote to Life and Health Terminology Flashcards

Old 04-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
Guru
GreenSky on Life and Health Terminology Flashcards

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Life and Health Terminology Flashcards Re: Life and Health Terminology Flashcards
Not necessary. The course won't teach you insurance but will teach you to pass the test.

Are you planning on doing this before the end of the decade?

Rick

Now offering Washington National contracts. Great cancer plans!
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com
Old 04-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #3
Super Genius
agent2011 on Life and Health Terminology Flashcards

State: agent2011 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Life and Health Terminology Flashcards Re: Life and Health Terminology Flashcards
Originally Posted by LostDollar View Post
Are there insurance terminology flash cards that can be used with the study courses?
Hello LD - Flash cards are actually very helpful! You have to know definitions and what to associate different words with. I learned a long time ago it is not about learning insurance at this point in the process, it is about passing the exam. Over the last 6+ years of teaching, i have created my own Study Tools. I have flash slides for both L&H, 156 possible test questions, test tips for both L&H, the actual Study Manual i have created using just word association, as well as mp3s of my class teaching. If you are interested, you can visit my website or send me a personal message. Just let me know how i can help.

Start Your Own Insurance School
Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
Guru

State: LostDollar is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
Life and Health Terminology Flashcards Re: Life and Health Terminology Flashcards LostDollar is the thread starter for: Life and Health Terminology Flashcards

Thank you.

I will keep that in mind.

A college student family member says the best way to use flash cards is to hand write them. Looking just at glossaries, there are 14 pages in the FX manual with 25-30 definitions per page. I have just had a hand surgery on my writing hand and it currently has a splint on it.

I think there are programs to generate flashcards for a computer.

Not sure if they can also be printed.

Am trying to decide if computer use or paper use would be best for me.

I have never used phone apps, but I understand there are android flash card apps. I would have to have a way to create cards on a computer and transfer to an app AND have an android phone.

My "smart" phone is an old symbian based phone.

So there are difficulties whatever route I choose, just trying to get a sense of the options first.

LD is a Life Ins. & Medicare Supplement Consumer learning about Medicare

"...no space of regret can make amends for one life's opportunity misused..."
A Christmas Carol
Old 04-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
Super Genius
agent2011 on Life and Health Terminology Flashcards

State: agent2011 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Mine are in the form of a PowerPoint, so one slide will have the word and the next will have the quick definition. It all comes down to when you see a word(s), what does your brain think. If it doesn't know a quick definition, then it will just make something up.
I do know you can Google "insurance flashcards" and probably find some free ones out there. Best of luck to you.
Reply to Life and Health Terminology Flashcards 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum