Need Help Passing Exam, Best Exam Preparation

brandonmcox

I am about to start studying for the life and health test in SC or GA. I have two options. They are exam fx and license-2-go or something else. Does anyone have an opinion on which would be better?

Also, everyone refers to "the book." Which book is this? Kaplan, Exam Cram, or other? If I purchase the study program through Examfx or license-2-go, will they give me a book to study. Studying from a book is my preferred method, rather than internet studying. I'll absorb it better.

Is this alone enough to pass the test? I'm a good test taker, having passed 9 licensing exams to be an Architect...but trying to change careers.

Thanks in advance

I am considering testeachersonline.com for me in Texas. I know they offer course for GA and SC. You may want to check it out. It is my understanding it includes videos like a classroom but also I will be able to print out the info for future reference. Just a suggestion.

Good luck to you!

I am about to start studying for the life and health test in SC or GA. I have two options. They are exam fx and license-2-go or something else. Does anyone have an opinion on which would be better?

Also, everyone refers to "the book." Which book is this? Kaplan, Exam Cram, or other? If I purchase the study program through Examfx or license-2-go, will they give me a book to study. Studying from a book is my preferred method, rather than internet studying. I'll absorb it better.

Is this alone enough to pass the test? I'm a good test taker, having passed 9 licensing exams to be an Architect...but trying to change careers.

Thanks in advance

If you passed the Architect exams you shouldn't have a problem. JUst go with which ever program appeals to you the most. How come you are leaving Architecture?

I used testteachersonline for commercial P&C in MA. It came with pdf's of the 3 books that would have cost me twice as much through the state,plus 10 hours of video classes, plus 400 test questions that ( this was a big plus for me) include the rationale behind the answers

Obviously studying and knowing the information is very helpful and necessary.

However, in my experience most people fail the exam not because they don't know the information but because they do not read the questions carefully enough. They are worded in such a way that at first glance an answer is readily apparent. You can almost count on that being the wrong answer.

Read each question word for word. Do not just scan the question. Then read it again and then one more time. After reading it three times then decide on which of the options you think the correct answer is.

There are no bonus points for being the first one done taking it or a prize when you leave the room. Sit there and carefully read the question until you are certain of the answer you choose.

My not so favorite question was:
"All of the following are not exceptions to exclusions except:"
That hurt my brain

Considering you mentioned two different states consider the procedure to move your resident license to another state if that's what your planning to do. In most states it's just paperwork and a fee, but if I remember correctly one state had a licensing term requirement before you can change..

You no longer have to take a class in SC before taking the exam. There is a 24 hours hour period before taking it a second time. I went in with the assumption that if I failed, I would at least know the types of questions and ended up passing with a 95%. It's really pretty easy. Just remember that most things are to protect the client.

Good luck!!!

Read the whole question. If you're not sure, pick whatever protects the client the most.

I did my prelicensing with Kaplan, and I'm in Georgia. I was satisfied, although I do remember some of their information being slightly outdated.

Back