NJ P&C Exam on Mon! Round 2! HELP!!!

meme32470

I am studying through Exam FX. passed every chapter test and passed the practice exam but at my state exam I failed by 1 question! Any tips on passing so I can get on with my life?!

I have always read you should be scoring right at 90% before testing.

Seems high to me, but I was scoring mid 80's consistently before testing and after taking the test I agree with the 90% if you want to have an easy time. I felt like I passed (and did) but wouldn't be surprised if I scored in the mid 70's. The test was definitely harder compared to when I was studying for it.

You where so close, concentrate on your weak subject areas and you should pass no problem.

Ugh...I'm ok with all subject matter except the different HO's DP's CCP & BOP's. It's all Chinese to me. But thank you. I will be studying my butt off this weekend. And the state exam was way harder than the practice exam that FX had me take. I thought that I was good to go until I saw the first question on the state exam. Yikes!
Anyway...thanks again!!! Enjoy your evening!

I have always read you should be scoring right at 90% before testing.

Seems high to me, but I was scoring mid 80's consistently before testing and after taking the test I agree with the 90% if you want to have an easy time. I felt like I passed (and did) but wouldn't be surprised if I scored in the mid 70's. The test was definitely harder compared to when I was studying for it.

You where so close, concentrate on your weak subject areas and you should pass no problem.

I totally agree about the 90%. The school I went to also recommended that too. They said that once you consistently started to get 90% on tests then you were cake.

The state tests are definitely more difficult, so I think they believe if you are in the 90% range then if you get in the 70's in the real tests, you'll pass. I was well prepared (I studied a full month for approx 6 hours a day; excluding weekends), and I averaged 90's on all my test. And in my prelicensing class we had 4 tests, and I got 100% on three tests and 85% n one test. I knew that I did NOT want to take the state test more than once for my P&C license, so I might have over killed my studying, but it's behind me, so my over studying was worth it for me.

Good luck in your next attempt meme32470!

Thank you! FX's requirements were way different. They said that If you got an 80 on their practice exam that they will give you a money back guarantee if you fail the state exam. What a joke. The state exam was way harder than I ever imagined. I think that they make it that way so the state racks in the $$$ for retakes.
Good for you that you took it 1 time! Hopefully this will be my last time!
Thanks again

Thank you! FX's requirements were way different. They said that If you got an 80 on their practice exam that they will give you a money back guarantee if you fail the state exam. What a joke. The state exam was way harder than I ever imagined. I think that they make it that way so the state racks in the $$$ for retakes.
Thanks again

So why did you take the test knowing you did not qualify for the refund?

It had nothing to do w/ the refund!!!... All you needed to do with FX was pass w/ a 70% to take the state exam. What a joke.

----------

My point being...that even with their money back guarantee of "if you pass our practice exam with an 80, you are guaranteed to pass the state exam"...you still are not properly prepared to pass the state exam by far

Thanks again

You'll pass it the next time! Trust me, I know what it's like to have to retake a test. Years ago when I worked in Insurance Claims, I'd been doing it for years, but for some reason we all had to get our Adjuster Licenses. So, all of us thought, "We've been doing this job, piece of cake." Ummm, yeah, no. We barely studied, and most of us did NOT pass on our first attempt. It sucked taking it once, much less having to take it AGAIN. That's why when I went to get my P&C Broker's license this time, I took it seriously and STUDIED!

I agree that the states just want to make $$$$ off of us. In CO, you have to take a prelicensing class before you can take the state test, so they are double dipping in your pocket!

Back