No Exam Licensing, Most Likely BS, However..

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Ok, got a call from an FE agent yesterday. Who was looking for an ex agent of mine.

As we talked, he mentioned (reason for his call) that he has a "deal" with a carrier to build an agency of FE agents. They can get licensed in California with only the fee. No exam. I of course called BS. But, he said it is legit. I tried DOI this morning and went through the circle jerk phone prompts got pissed and hung up till later. Thought I would ask here. Yeah, I know, Why would you wants people that can not pass the test? I don't. Just curious.

Now, in talking to this guy, I imagine an older guy in a crumpled sport coat, outdated polyester tie and worn shoes knocking on doors.
Motivated me to make more calls this morning

Last edited:
Ok, got a call from an FE agent yesterday. Who was looking for an ex agent of mine.

As we talked, he mentioned (reason for his call) that he has a "deal" with a carrier to build an agency of FE agents. They can get licensed in California with only the fee. No exam. I of course called BS. But, he said it is legit. I tried DOI this morning and went through the circle jerk phone prompts got pissed and hung up till later. Thought I would ask here. Yeah, I know, Why would you wants people that can not pass the test? I don't. Just curious.

Now, in talking to this guy, I imagine an older guy in a crumpled sport coat, outdated polyester tie and worn shoes knocking on doors.
Motivated me to make more calls this morning

As with the rest of these scenarios, if we dont know what he is saying then we dont know what the reply would be. It is conceivable that the carrier is offering to pay the non-resident fee and CA has reciporicity on the other states license. If CA is their resident license then let us just say that another matter. set/bullshit= on.

As stated it is always difficult to answer when making up the question at the same time. See what he says and then we will see what the answer is.

:cool:

This guy actually wanted you to believe that you can get licensed without being tested? Tell me, does he have a way for me to get my MD without going to Medschool as well? Or how about getting my Law License without a Bar Exam?

I need some Mortrin, where is Hospital Corpsman when you need one?

""Tell me, does he have a way for me to get my MD without going to Medschool as well?""

Does my "Free Mammograms" t-shirt work?

I guess this is worth a couple of Starbucks. Guaranteed I wind up paying. Anyway, he called me back with a term referral. I'll post what ever he is selling.

Lee

This guy actually wanted you to believe that you can get licensed without being tested? Tell me, does he have a way for me to get my MD without going to Medschool as well? Or how about getting my Law License without a Bar Exam?

I need some Mortrin, where is Hospital Corpsman when you need one?

unless he is talking about getting a non-res license, which is true - there is no test. I have my CA Non-res, and I didn't have to take any test. That's the only thing I can imagine would qualify as a license without the exam.

I just called him. I am going to meet him for coffee. Pretty sure it is BS. I have to be out that way anyway, so worth 20 minutes. I'll post what he says. I know about the non-res. got a couple also.

unless he is talking about getting a non-res license, which is true - there is no test. I have my CA Non-res, and I didn't have to take any test. That's the only thing I can imagine would qualify as a license without the exam.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just talked to the Answer Lady. Said that it is probably a Fraternal.

Ok, I met with this guy. It is a Fraternal. Royal Arcanum. Because it is a fraternal you do not have to take the test, per him. Evidently you are restricted to a maximum of $15,000 face per app sold. My ears shut down when I heard 75%. Nice guy, but this is not for me. I would call their HO if I was interested, but I am not. Interesting talking to him though. Old debt guy. Walks and talks. Showed me his presentation and his binder with coffins on the cover.

Last edited:
Back