NY State P&C Brokers License

pooch692000

I am looking to get employed with an independent agency and have tie on my hands to study for the broker's license. In NY, do you need to have a company sponsor you to take the exam? Or can I do it on my own? I understand you need to do the 90 hours of prelicensing, pass that exam and take the state exam. Am considering quitting my current job and doing the prerequisites this summer and gaining employment after summer.

You can do it with out a sponsor.

I think you should complete it while working and try part time while working...

I went into the industry thinking it was one way but turns out to be entirely different. So before you quit you should try it out and see if its for you.

You can do it without a sponser.

You can find a way to work it into your schedule without quitting your job right away. I believe they offer Saturday classes.

Where in NY will you be located

eastern end of long island
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've been a financial advisor at a major wirehouse for the last 2 years and have an existing book of clients that I can bring over to the firm as they are partnered with an RIA. I'm done with the money management side of it. I have done life insurance reviews with to most of my clients and have taken over almost all of my client's policies and enjoy that part of the job the most. All of them have also asked about home, auto, health and business insurance, but we don't do home and auto at our firm. I would love to have the new firm I am in initial discussions with to pay for the licensing and work for them after. would love a salary and/or a draw, but pure salary would be fine as well.

QUOTE=Milkman1265;716106]You can do it with out a sponsor.

I think you should complete it while working and try part time while working...

I went into the industry thinking it was one way but turns out to be entirely different. So before you quit you should try it out and see if its for you.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I teach a pre-licencing property and casualty insurance course. It's over 5 days and is taught completely in rhyme. I have 95% pass rate on 1st exam. I have been doing this for 20 years.

Course includes coffee and bagels and all the information you need to pass the test in rhyme!

You can email me at [email protected] for more information.

Stan Drescher

I teach a pre-licencing property and casualty insurance course. It's over 5 days and is taught completely in rhyme. I have 95% pass rate on 1st exam. I have been doing this for 20 years.

Course includes coffee and bagels and all the information you need to pass the test in rhyme!

You can email me at [email protected] for more information.

Stan Drescher

Lyrics only, or music and lyrics?

Back