Passing the Licensing Exam

gleek

Hi everyone,

I'm a little new to this whole forum thing, but I had one question I was hoping people would be able to give some advice on.

I've taken the Producer's Life, Accident, and Health exam twice already and failed both times. Except both times I failed by a very small margin, each time I was around 5 questions away from passing.

I was wondering if anybody had any advice to help me get that last push to pass the exam. :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a little new to this whole forum thing, but I had one question I was hoping people would be able to give some advice on.

I've taken the Producer's Life, Accident, and Health exam twice already and failed both times. Except both times I failed by a very small margin, each time I was around 5 questions away from passing.

I was wondering if anybody had any advice to help me get that last push to pass the exam. :)

YES, my advice would be to practice test taking skills instead. You will gain 10-20 points just by knowing how to find the right answers, especially on questions where you not quite sure.

Find a good on line practice exam and practice until you can score consistent in the high eighties are better.

When I first took my exam, I went to a bookstore and bought practice tests, took them over and over until I knew each question and what the question was asking for...not really memorizing the answer, but the structure of the questions.

I learned by studying one chapter or section at a time. I ask myself questions on each topic, If I don't know the answer, I will run it through my mind until I do. I have a reading comprehension problem, but I keep studying until I know it and I know when I know it. When taking the test, read all of the answers, some of the answers will atomatically eliminate themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
check out america's professor, their state tests are limited. but they have a national test. that is what i did, it gave me an extra 10 points.. he has a demo on his site. it was like being in the back roll of his class. you can get college credit if you want. good luck

What method of study did you do? I have done all three. Self study, Computer and Class. The worst one is self study. You waste time learning things you won't use to pass the test (most important thing). I agree with the first reply. Most folks know the material, they just haven't figured out that there may be 2 answers there and only 1 is the BEST answer. They usually are multiple guess. Eliminate the ones you KNOW are wrong. That would increase your chances (1/4-to1/3 or 1/2). Also, go through and answer the ones you know, mark the ones you don't for later. Good luck!

Back