Passing the Property and Casualty Exam

insurogal

Hello, Im new here. I have taken the property and casualty state exam six times. I have used prelicense.com and examfx.com. The last two times I took it I was 5 questions away from passing. im in Oregon. I really like my boss and coworkers and really want to pass this thing so I can stay on board. Any suggestions?

Hello, Im new here. I have taken the property and casualty state exam six times. I have used prelicense.com and examfx.com. The last two times I took it I was 5 questions away from passing. im in Oregon. I really like my boss and coworkers and really want to pass this thing so I can stay on board. Any suggestions?

Maybe this business ain't for you?

Testeachers online is a great tool for passing P&C

I heard there was a class that tells you how to take the test not the material. For example, every answer is B. Ahh...it may just be a rumor.

Have you gone to a three day class? Those tend to teach just what you need for the exam. If you haven't tried that yet, you might consider it. Then take the test within a few days of completing the class.

I used Kaplan. You'll have to see what's available in your area, but I think Kaplan will be. There are a few others too. I chose a class rather than online because my class fell in line with an exam. I was able to do both in one week. If you've taken the exam several times, a class might help you streamline all the info you've taken in so far.

My instructor went through the entire book and state specific legal supplement, and told us EXACTLY what to learn for the test. He gave us take home tests every night which were great study aids. Then he gave us study guides from past students who had passed the exam. The class was from 8 to about 2:30 or 3 every day, with the take home tests as homework.

Look into it, it may help you. Good luck!

P&C may not be your forte but I admire your determination.

I used examfx and passed the first time. The best advice I could give is to firmly commit to memory things that are rote memorization. For example, numbers, especially state-specific things like how many hours of training or continuing ed needed, minimum/maximum fines, etc. Things like that.

I used Kaplan and passed the first time. I purchased the online product with the videos, read the outlines, and tested, tested, and tested more, till I got 98% on everything. When I tested for my license, I passed it easily. Try Kaplan, it really is a good product.

Back