Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum

Reply to Pre-License Material in Spanish?     
Old 01-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
Expert

State: isaias is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Pre-License Material in Spanish? Pre-License Material in Spanish?
I'm looking for Pre-License study material and practice exam in Spanish for Life & Health in Texas. Any suggestions?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Pre-License Material in Spanish?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
Super Genius
agent2011 on Pre-License Material in Spanish?

State: agent2011 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Pre-License Material in Spanish? Re: Pre-License Material in Spanish?
ExamFX offers it in Spanish, but i don't recommend you do the test in Spanish. The state has not done a very good job in translating the information, so it is even more difficult. I have had some of my students study Spanish material and then take the test in Spanish and they couldn't pass. We have better success by teaching word association and bullited information.

Start Your Own Insurance School
Old 03-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #3
Expert
DeadSlash on Pre-License Material in Spanish?

State: DeadSlash is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by agent2011 View Post
ExamFX offers it in Spanish, but i don't recommend you do the test in Spanish. The state has not done a very good job in translating the information, so it is even more difficult. I have had some of my students study Spanish material and then take the test in Spanish and they couldn't pass. We have better success by teaching word association and bullited information.
I know from another thread that you are based in Texas, I have taught there the last 2 years, but I am based in PA. I was under the impression that state exam can be switched at will from English to Spanish, do you know if that is wrong?

To OP: just to piggy back off of agent2011, I have gotten a lot of feedback from ESL candidates that there are a lot of insurance terms that do not have a direct translation to Spanish. It would be very helpful in the long run to learn and test in English.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
Super Genius
agent2011 on Pre-License Material in Spanish?

State: agent2011 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by DeadSlash View Post
I know from another thread that you are based in Texas, I have taught there the last 2 years, but I am based in PA. I was under the impression that state exam can be switched at will from English to Spanish, do you know if that is wrong?

To OP: just to piggy back off of agent2011, I have gotten a lot of feedback from ESL candidates that there are a lot of insurance terms that do not have a direct translation to Spanish. It would be very helpful in the long run to learn and test in English.
It can't be switched at will when you take the real exam. With ExamFX' Simulator, you can go from English to Spanish. Students can sign up to take their exam in Spanish, but once you get into it, there's no turning back.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
Expert

State: isaias is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Pre-License Material in Spanish? Re: Pre-License Material in Spanish? isaias is the thread starter for: Pre-License Material in Spanish?

I had forgotten about this thread.

But the original request was for some of my new agents that are Spanish speaking only, and from what I heard the translation is awful.

Unfortunately the people I was trying to get licensed gave up, so it was a failed experiment. I don't know if I want to try it again.
Reply to Pre-License Material in Spanish? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum