Should I Be Looking for Employment While Studying for Life and Health? Final Expense VS Life and Hea

Hi,

I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past few years and have been encouraged by my friend to pursue my interest in selling Life and Health. Before enrolling in my study program, I applied to a number of different companies but have had very little response. I understand some companies will help with acquiring license but is it better to already have it?

Also, my friend sells strictly Final expense and is doing fairly well. (She's fierce) What are thoughts on selling Final Expense VS Life and Health?

Thank you all for your input!

Final Expense is generally daytime activity. . . .and to people 55 to 75 years old. Since you are a self described "stay at home mom" this looks like the best option for you. A lot of regular life insurance (mortgage life, young marrieds, and new births) is generally going to be night time appointments.
Business life would also be daytime activity, but the products are more complex (Executive compensation, Key person Life insurance, and Partnership Buy and Sell). These have a longer learning curve, take longer to get appointments to sell, and sometimes involve committee decisions.
The quickest sales and the least complex daytime activities would be the final expense. Of course, if you wanted to sell health insurance during the daytime, then Medicare Supplement would also be an option.

Thank you so much for your response! I'm interviewing with Lincoln Heritage this week and will ask about the Medicare Supplements but unfortunately, I think they are exclusively Final Expense.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your response! I'm interviewing with Lincoln Heritage this week and will ask about the Medicare Supplements but unfortunately, I think they are exclusively Final Expense. Thanks again!

LH used to sell Med Sups but dropped out of that business.

Make sure you sleep on it before you decide to sign anything with LH. Compare what they are offering to the other FE companies. As about 1st day vesting. And do NOT let them finance any leads for you. Put them on your own credit card if you can't pay them in full but NEVER take them up on their lead finance offer.

Hi Mutterruner: I thought same thing - study pre-license and apply to jobs

I had the opposite experience - 9 out of 10 places wanted to pay for my license and there were about 6 more that said 'come work' after I got mine.
Once I got license in hand - with 8 more non res licenses - the entire insr opportunity world blew up -

get license - then seek best match for your life style and goals.

As a total newcomer on this scene - but with a hard proven work ethic - i find most agencies will hire you if you are coach able - ethical - and diligent ...
pm me if you want more details - good luck!

Thank you so much! Finally seeing the light at the end of the studying tunnel and hoping that since I chose to seek out getting my license on my own will prove my enthusiasm. Meeting with some LH folks tomorrow to check it out but really thankful for this site as there are so many opportunities that can be pursued!

Best to you and I'll be in touch :)

Thank you so much! Finally seeing the light at the end of the studying tunnel and hoping that since I chose to seek out getting my license on my own will prove my enthusiasm. Meeting with some LH folks tomorrow to check it out but really thankful for this site as there are so many opportunities that can be pursued!

Best to you and I'll be in touch :)

I'd strongly encourage you to be careful with LH. As newby stated they "sell" a really good lead program, but will rack you into so much debt with them that you will make no money. Because of you being new to the insurance world, it will sound like an intriguing opportunity. Where does your friend work?

I greatly appreciate your response and will do! Looking forward to the LH seminar to find out more about opportunities but am keeping an open mind. Ideally, I would like to help people with more than just FE and be able to create a continuous working partnership with individuals to meet their needs. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

I greatly appreciate your response and will do! Looking forward to the LH seminar to find out more about opportunities but am keeping an open mind. Ideally, I would like to help people with more than just FE and be able to create a continuous working partnership with individuals to meet their needs. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

Have you researched LH of the forum???

Low comp, expensive product, difficult underwriting and list can go on and on. Look up any of the IMOs that offer fixed lead costs EFES, 360 or FEX.

LH wanted me to work at 60% comm and you take lead credit
When you do the math and calculate your conversion lead cost driving etc
It is pathetically low payi think they keep you in debt to keep from quitting !

Back