State License Study Guides & Testing

DT1970

Expert
I've begun taking a look at Study Guides for the state of Michigan for the licensing exam (Life first).

There seems to be MANY vendors.

Is there a company that is generally considered the place to purchase these materials from (cost/quality ratio?)

Lastly, what is the procedure for taking a licensing exam in Michigan? Drive to Lansing? Sec of State office? Only on certain dates?

Thank you.

All your testing answers and requirements are on your state web site.
ProMetrics does the testing at multiple locations.( I remember seeing them when looking for locations in MA).

As far as online, I used testteachersonline.com...which was very good. I don't see Mi listed on their site, but you could email or call them and they might have an affiliate.For me, the best practice test give the answer with the rationale behind it so you understand why you are wrong.
You can check with your local insurance agents orgs for help

I've begun taking a look at Study Guides for the state of Michigan for the licensing exam (Life first).

There seems to be MANY vendors.

Is there a company that is generally considered the place to purchase these materials from (cost/quality ratio?)

Lastly, what is the procedure for taking a licensing exam in Michigan? Drive to Lansing? Sec of State office? Only on certain dates?

Thank you.
Hi, I am in Michigan and I can get you discount to buy pre-license book and CD, about 80 dollars.
There are many test sites you can go to to take the test. You can choose any day you like to take the test, many choice on test dates. Jim, Troy, Michigan.

Back