Study Material to Pass Life/Accident/Health??

SomeDude99

Expert
CT
Hi,

Im looking to sell Life, Accident, and Health insurance in Connecticut. What is the best (cheapest) study material to pass this exam?

I have an A.D. Banker and Company CT Life and Health Book and a Practice exam CD from them. However, many people say A.D Banker does not prepare them well. When they take the test its completely different.

What do you think of Kaplan material?

Any advice is appreciated

Hi,

Im looking to sell Life, Accident, and Health insurance in Connecticut. What is the best (cheapest) study material to pass this exam?

I have an A.D. Banker and Company CT Life and Health Book and a Practice exam CD from them. However, many people say A.D Banker does not prepare them well. When they take the test its completely different.

What do you think of Kaplan material?

Any advice is appreciated

I did ExamFX, it worked well for me. Passed on the first try, though I feel it gave more information than the test was testing me on. However, they did have to make it 40 hours worth for the state, so that can be part of it.

Here is the information on the ExamFX course for Conn.

This product will expire 90 days after the purchase date. Upon expiration, a one-time 90-day extension will be available for $29.95.
Your Department of Insurance has approved ExamFX as a prelicensing correspondence course. By completing this course as directed, you will satisfy your full prelicensing requirement. To obtain your certificate of completion, please complete the following steps:
  1. After you place your order, check your e-mail. You will receive a pdf form containing two documents that you will need to fill out and fax to us after you pass the course.
  2. Study the material for each chapter. Take chapter quizzes to test your knowledge.
  3. Simulate Your Exam. You must score at least 70% to pass the course. IMPORTANT: Your exam will need to be monitored by a disinterested third party, which can be anyone except relatives, supervisors, and coworkers in your division.
  4. Print your score sheet.
  5. Fill out the pdf application form and proctor affidavit.
  6. Fax the score sheet, application form, and proctor affidavit to 866-539-2617.
  7. Your certificate will be processed in 2 business days and will then be delivered to you.
The Department of Insurance requires us to post the following information:
  1. Sponsor name: ExamFX
  2. Courses offered: Life, Health, and Life & Health
  3. Credit hours: You will meet the full prelicensing requirement (40 hours for single lines and 80 hours for combined lines)
  4. This course is approved by the State of Connecticut Insurance Department for insurance producer prelicensing credit. Use of this statement does not imply endorsement by the State of Connecticut Insurance Department. Passing this course does not guarantee that you will pass the state exam.
We offer the course for $149 and guarantee you will pass on the first try.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I'd personally steer away from Kaplan. I have heard their insurance study materials are a waste of money. You may also want to check Solomon Exam Prep. I live in Oregon and they are based here, so may Oregon specific only. Worth a shot to check out though.

No need to re-invent the wheel with other books and such... straight pre-licensing package.

I feel so helpless. I bought the Kaplan online couse basic for the Life/Accident/and Health. The book they give you to study is 550 pages! It has taken me three weeks just to get thru 120 pages. I dont know what to do. Plus there is a CT Health insurance law booklet I have to study that is 80 pages and extremely dry material.

The 120 pages I've studied I understand very well. However, its gonna take me like 6 months to study all of this. I dont want to study this stuff every day. Its getting frustrating for me.

I heard there are workshops (2-3 days) you can go to and they tell you exactly what you need to know. Im doing self study and its gonna take me so long. I dont think im doing this efficiently.

Any advice is really appreciated.

what I did for my p&c, i used fx exam, but I need the americasprofessor.com to pass fx exam's pre-test. I used his national course. He has a demo, check him out.

Back