TX P&C Study Guide Recommendations?

joeblow

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm a TX L&H agent who needs to pick up a P&C license. I'm tempted to just schedule the exam and take it, since I usually have little problem w/ any type of standardized test.

Can anyone offer any insight into the exam? Is it heavy on questions toward which I'd have little to no luck reasoning out the correct answer? Can anyone recommend a decent relatively inexpensive Study Guide?

P&C has some obscure stuff in it. I would use an online or CD based practice test and book or you may not get the 70 you need to pass. Many fail these tests...

I used ExamFX - Interactive Online Training or whatever they were called before they went to online training. Worked for me. I am a very good test taker and I wouldn't consider doing it without looking at the material and practicing the tests.

I would study for it. There are questions about the different homeowners forms and coverages that you couldn't reason out. You would need a little basic info on them. Not to say that you couldn't pass it with a 70 but it would be difficult. I would recommend buying the drill and practice cd from Kaplan. It gives you practice questions from a database so you can test yourself and read the correct answers. Its costs about $50.

Back