ACA Express Vs Plan Compass Pro?

jsheiner

Oregon
I'm not sure where to post this one. I'm debating using ACA Express or Plan Compass Pro for the upcoming open enrollment. If anyone has any experience with them or an opinion, I'd love some feed back! I've been doing it the long way through Healthcare.gov...yuck.

Thanks!

I used ACA Express last year. I've never heard if the other company. They changed their platform this year and should work well for clients that do not need to enter a lot of documents such as for immigrant families. All if my policies were attached to me. Only one company was slow attaching the NPN but this was not an ACA express problem. This year there are two plans to choose from so you can try it out before you commit just paying the per app fee. I liked their platform.
Another one that's also gotten great reviews here are Health Sherpa. You should search both ACA Express here on the form and pose your question there and see what feedback you get also read the post. I think that should help you. You can also Google both companies for more information.
Just looked up Plan Compass Pro. It seems to be just a tool to match plans with doctors to see what networks the clients doctor participates in. It looks like the only thing it saves you is time on doing the provider look up. It does not seem to be an enrollment platform. For enrollments stick with an Approved web broker.
The two most commonly used here on the form are Health Sherpa and ACA Express. Vipagents.net also has a good platform with INXS cloud bug to get their discounts you need to contract with them for at least two companies.
I do not work for any of these companies but am just an agent who searched for solutions, read others experiences and found great solutions. Hope you find what you are looking for

Last edited:
Plan Compass Pro is a enrollment platform. They are not in every state but they are working on it so I would make sure your state is available. If you are looking at cost then it looks like PCP would be cheaper as they have a low monthly fee and ACA express has a very good price for their AEP platform. The thing I did not like about a lot of these platforms is that one they were associated with a broker so I was uncomfortable having my clients and down line exposed to them. They can say what ever they want but I do know that both my clients and down line were solicited to from a couple of the enrollment platforms we have used the last couple of years. Also be aware of hidden charges and contracts. If I had to give a recommendation I would probably say ACA express right now but Plan Comp Pro is definitely one to keep an eye especially when they become available in every state.

I still do not see even from the article where it says that
PlanCompassPro is an enrollment platform where you can submit applications on the exchange.
It still seems that it is only a tool to see if your doctor is in the network. The article does mention ebrokersoftware. I
Looked at that site which does seem to be an actual platform to do online enrollments PlanCompassPro does not.
I could be wrong. If there is more information or a link that show that it actually is to do online enrollments and is not just a comparison tool please provide a link. Thanks

Last edited:
PlanCompass Pro just officially launched on Tuesday. More info about it at the link below.
Insurance Forums | Vericred, Ritter team to launch PlanCompass Pro for faster quotes, improved health plan selection

I met this guy at Ritter's Summit in Atlanta. From what he was telling me, they have no way to enroll. It's just a quoting tool, making sure the doctors are "in network". When pressed about the doctors involvement in "On ACA" plans, he would not commit to saying the doctors would show as participating.

Basically, if you have a client who wants to say "off market", and go direct with the insurance company, this would be a tool to verify the doctors being in network.

You would still have to send them a separate link from the insurance company to have them enroll.

I signed up for a free trial today, played around for like 5 minutes - I love it so far. Just being able to tell the client in under 15 seconds, which plans their doc's take is awesome. Esp for new agents or tech handicapped agents lol.

It's not 100% yet though, was giving me Northside Hospital Forsyth as out of network with H1 nat pos.

Last edited:
The tool could be a good starting point but it's not a substitute for the client picking up the phone and calling their doctors office and verifying if the office is still in the network. I have had a few clients where the doctor appeared on the companies provider list only to find when they showed up in the doctor's office they had pulled out of the network.
I now always let the client know that although I can help them to see if their doctors is on the company provider list it is their responsibility to see if the doctor still accepts their insurance. I do not take on that responsibility. If I do they could hold me liable for causing them to have out of network charges.
So with the software the main question would be is it directly synced with the insurance companies provider list and if not how often is the data base updated?

Hi. I would like to clarify a couple of points in this thread. But first a disclosure. We are the company behind PlanCompass. We will only post on this forum factual information about our PlanCompass in response to posts or inquires. So with that...

First, PlanCompass Pro is a decision support and productivity tool. It is not an enrollment tool. So comparing PlanCompass Pro and ACA Express is like apples and oranges.

PlanCompass Pro helps agents find health plans in which their clients' doctors participate. It shows the "who's in and who's out" of all available plans, on and off marketplace, right next to the costs and benefits of those plans. PlanCompass Pro takes what would otherwise be hours of work on the part of the agent and turns that into seconds of work. It is aimed at helping agents enroll clients faster and have them be happier after the fact.

As noted above, PlanCompass Pro is not an enrollment platform, a WBE nor will it be. We sit along side ACA Express, eBroker and other enrollment platforms.

Latest posts

Back